Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Copy Printed Product with accompanying Digital Download File (One Product)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Copy Printed Product with accompanying Digital Download File (One Product)

We have some products that are both hard-copy and digital. The hard copy is the actual book and the digital download contains files for additional documents and tools that accompany the books. Those products are set to generate a Digital Download Code When This Product is Purchased. If you're not careful, or don't know the process, you could overlook the hard copy book needing to be physically shipped.

Those products are automatically marked as 'Shipped' on the new order and there is not a way for me to enter the UPS tracking number for the hard copy book seeing as it is one product. (I do have a non-digital product with an add-on that is a digital download so when both of those products are on the order, I can select all and 'Create Shipment' and it will allow me to Remove the Shipment from one of the items so I can create an additional shipment to add a tracking number for each).
    Is there a way for Digital Download products to not be automatically marked as 'Shipped'? What happens if I do not choose to generate a code?
    Last edited by kajolitz; 02-09-23, 06:07 AM. Reason: adding questions

Is there a way for Digital Download products to not be automatically marked as 'Shipped'?
    You can update the order status back to Pending with template code and/or API calls after the order is placed. Once the digital download code has been generated, the software will consider the item "shipped" because a digital download link was generated and provided to the customer.

What happens if I do not choose to generate a code?
    The software will not generate a code for the customer to download the digital item. This will NOT mark the order as shipped or partially shipped when placed.

If you're able to separate the items (have one product for hard copy and one for digital downloads), then you could automatically add the digital download item to the basket by using a price group called Add-on Product. When configuring the price group, the hard copy product would be set as a qualifying product and the digital product will be set as the add-on product. Once the hard copy (qualifying product) is added to the basket, the add-on product (digital product) will automatically be added to the basket. When the order is placed and you have generate code enabled, the order status will be set as partially shipped. You can then apply a tracking code to the remaining item(s) on the order.

Below is a link to a quick video going over the add-on price group.
    https://docs.miva.com/videos/setting...d-on-prod-deal

-Wayne
    Wayne Smith

Comment

That is a really good idea! Some things.. If I set up the Add-On Product Price Group, I would have to do that for each individual book (there's not a lot of these, maybe 6, each have their own unique set of digital documents so I need multiple digital download Add-Ons too). The Add-Ons show in the store and that is not ideal even though it states - 'ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AS AN ADD-ON PRODUCT'. It may be okay if it's displayed in the basket at $0. I'd hope it wouldn't be too confusing for the customer. Overall, really good suggestion! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X