Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Multer
    replied
    It seems that there may still be some problems with the version history. I'm doing some work on a client's SRCH page, converting it from the EP Power Search to Miva's built-in search features.. First I edited the Details template, then the Search Results Layout. Then I went to the Image Machine section to edit the Head template. Being cautious, I first clicked the clock icon to view the existing history. I expected it to be empty, because I had just assigned the component to the page a few minutes before. But it already contains an entry; the note text matches the change I made to the Search Results Layout template.

Is this a bug? It seems odd to see a template have a history entry for a change I made to a different template.

Thanks --

Leave a comment:

• rbuelna
    replied
    Originally posted by Krsullivan View Post
    Can someone (MIVA) upload a screen shot
    Hello Krsullivan,

Edit any page and look at the bottom right corner you'll see 3 horizontal lines. Here is a screenshot:

https://puu.sh/GJO65/10cff0e1fb.png

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Krsullivan
    replied
    Can someone (MIVA) upload a screen shot
    Last edited by Krsullivan; 11-02-20, 09:58 PM. Reason: Can someone upload a screen shot of this hamburger icon they speak of, I don't see it in the right lower corner.

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    replied
    Originally posted by lesliekirk View Post

It would be nice to be able to turn this on or off within the User settings. I'd like it on all the time.
    A big "me too" from my peanut gallery.

Leave a comment:

• VisHorizons
    replied
    Fantastic, thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• rguisewite
    replied
    The Add Notes & Update functionality is not available in all locations at this time, though it will be making its way to more screens in future updates.

@VisHorizons for your #3, you likely have a text editor that is stretched really wide off screen. I've made a couple of posts with how to disable that... Copied from one of my other responses:

"Edit your user and open the Preferences dialog. Using advanced search, set the Preference Name filter to "Like" and set the VALUE to %MMTextEditor.%width then click Search. Delete any matching preferences. Return to the OCST page and see if your editor is normal sized now."

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by VisHorizons View Post
    [*]I'd like to add my voice to the idea of quicker access to version history. I wish it would just show by default like it used to. (Also, instant access to adding a note, like it used to be!)
    It would be nice to be able to turn this on or off within the User settings. I'd like it on all the time.

Leave a comment:

• VisHorizons
    replied
    1. I can't seem to add a note for Category>Header & Footer. Category pages don't have the arrow/drop down next to the Update button.
    2. I'd like to add my voice to the idea of quicker access to version history. I wish it would just show by default like it used to. (Also, instant access to adding a note, like it used to be!)
    3. I have to horizontally scroll to see the Update button and hamburger menus. My screen is 1920 x 1080.

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    replied
    That helps a lot Ryan! Thank you. I'll give it some play time.

Leave a comment:

• rguisewite
    replied
    Notes are added up by the Update button now and act on the changeset (which includes all the changes made in an update). You'd make your changes, go up to Update, but instead of clicking update, click the little dropdown arrow to the right and then click Add Notes & Update. A dialog will appear to add whatever notes you want and when you click save, it updates the page with the notes you entered. Those notes will then be available in the wherever changesets or template versions are visible.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.57.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.58.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.59.32 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    replied
    Originally posted by Kent Multer View Post
    I like the version history. I always insert a note when I start working on a client's template; and I often find myself referring to it for other reasons. So here's another vote to make it quicker to access ... maybe even back to the way it was before. It was pretty unobtrusive there. ... IMO.
    That is exactly it, Kent! It was so quick and easy having it as it was before.

Jamie
    Last edited by jsdva; 10-18-20, 05:00 AM. Reason: clarity

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon - Phosphor Media View Post
    Jamie:

Notes are still there, but hidden until you enable viewing Version History in the little hamburger menu in the bottom right corner of the template textarea. Maybe that is something that could be saved as a preference in the future (e.g. Always show version history).
    Tried that Gordon. After recalling/changing, I clicked on the notes button, inserted a note of my own, and updated. No dice. Kept the standard note, not the one I put in.

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    replied
    I like the version history. I always insert a note when I start working on a client's template; and I often find myself referring to it for other reasons. So here's another vote to make it quicker to access ... maybe even back to the way it was before. It was pretty unobtrusive there. I like a clean layout, but the new admin pages seem to have more white space than necessary IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon - Phosphor Media
    replied
    Jamie:

Notes are still there, but hidden until you enable viewing Version History in the little hamburger menu in the bottom right corner of the template textarea. Maybe that is something that could be saved as a preference in the future (e.g. Always show version history).

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    started a topic Version History >> Notes

Version History >> Notes

When updating a category/header/footer/whatever, why can't I update the version notes? In v9, I was able to make updates to the section, add version notes with details such as changes made/date/whatever so someone coming in behind me would know what took place and why it was important, and also the version notes were easy to see and were saved on update. I thoroughly loved that feature. It also made it so much easier to know what went on and navigate to the version you wanted.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, I want it back please?

Thanks,

Jamie
Working...
X