Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TaxJar Plans & Miva Settings: Nexus Data to Limit API Calls & Configured Nexus Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. That is checked.

One thing to be aware of is that TaxJar will get all of your sales data whether it's in a nexus state or not. They use it to track your sales in each state and let you know when you're getting close to adding a new economic nexus. I can verify though that we are only being charged for our nexus state API calls.

Comment

Interesting. That's not what is happening with my account. My monthly number of transactions is a combination of order transactions (one for each order processed through Miva) and TaxJar API calculations (one for each order in a nexus state). This total is what shows in my TaxJar account under Account > Plans and Billing > Transaction History. In months where the total is over 1000 I get the $30 flex charge. I never have anywhere near 1000 nexus transactions a month.
      Todd Gibson
      Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

I honestly hadn't looked at the billing since 2019, but you got me curious. We get 1000 transactions per month on our plan, and they are breaking it down by order transactions and API transactions. For reference, our API transactions are running at about 1/3 of our total order transactions. When we started with TaxJar, it was configured wrong (everything went through the API), and our API transactions were running 2-3 times our order transactions. We we paying ALOT for those first three months!

Comment

Do you remember how you changed the configuration? Was it something on the TaxJar side? I think your Miva settings and mine are the same.
          Todd Gibson

Comment

I just followed the instructions for setting up the module. I took a look at TaxJar, and we have six nexus states. They're all set to use the API, and I don't see anything else that would affect the API calls.

Comment

As far as billing, the experience you are both having TFo and oliverands is that the billing plan is determined by the number of ALL Miva transactions (regardless of whether or not in a Nexus state,) plus API Calls (calculated at 10 API call is equal to one transaction)?
              Psydde Delicious
              Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
              Philadelphia, PA
              www.DeliciousBoutique.com
              www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

delcorsets That's correct.

Comment

Yes, for me too, although I’m not sure about API calls. I do know each sale regardless of state is counted as a transaction.
                  Last edited by oliverands; 01-30-21, 02:04 AM.
                  Todd Gibson

Comment

Our approach to Taxjar is that Miva Orders are considered orders not sales. Consequently we only use TaxJar to calculate the sales tax amount for the states where we have sales tax nexus
                    We pass invoiced sales to TaxJar from our accounting system (Quickbooks) via the Taxjar csv import on a monthly schedule. This keeps our Taxjar transaction count way below our 1000 basic subscription.
                    Larry
                    Luce Kanun Web Design
                    www.facebook.com/wajake41
                    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

wajake41 That's a great idea! I had considered doing something like that, but I did not think it would be possible to connect TaxJar via the module to calculate tax rates on the site without it also just passing on all Miva orders to the transaction count.

May I ask how you set that up?
                      Psydde Delicious
                      Philadelphia, PA
                      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
                        wajake41 That's a great idea! I had considered doing something like that, but I did not think it would be possible to connect TaxJar via the module to calculate tax rates on the site without it also just passing on all Miva orders to the transaction count.

May I ask how you set that up?
                        You can also export your orders from Miva and import them directly into TaxJar.
                        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

William Davis - If you do that however, are you still able to integrate TaxJar so that it gives shoppers a tax rate for your Nexus states?
                          Psydde Delicious
                          Philadelphia, PA
                          www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Our configurate of TaxJar in Miva is set to only calculate the tax rate for Kansas where we have nexus outside of our home state, No Miva Orders are passed to TaxJar.
                            We use the TaxJar import to pass sales (not orders) to TaxJar on a monthly basis. Each month after month end, we pull all sales (invoices and credit memos) for the month from Quickbooks, then format that Excel information to the TaxJar import file format. These monthly imported orders to TaxJar do not count against our monthly quota of 1000 transactions.
                            Larry
                            Luce Kanun Web Design
                            www.facebook.com/wajake41
                            www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
                              William Davis - If you do that however, are you still able to integrate TaxJar so that it gives shoppers a tax rate for your Nexus states?
                              It did in our case. We wanted to confirm previous month sales tax for each county and Miva and TaxJar can only capture data from date of installation and forward. So we exported desired (Nexus state) data from Miva for the previous month and imported it to TaxJar, it was fairly simple process -their site is very well documented and technical support is excellent.
                              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
                              X