Saving Cart based on login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Cart based on login

Is there a simple way to save a cart when a customer is logged in automatically, so it follows them between devices? Thinking like Amazon, when I create an order on my desktop and then switch to the app or mobile, the same items are still in cart ready to go with no intervention other than being logged in. I know there is a save cart feature, but is there a way to automate when the user is logged in, or even make the login part of the flow once they add an item -- direct to login to save -- then retain cart and info?

I think what you (ok a developer maybe) would want to do is save the cart data (probably as a JSON array) into a customer's Custom Field and then pull that data out when the log back in. You could either pop it up dynamically, or just use a link on their customer login page.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

We've looked at adding something like this to the core software. We may at some point in the future.

Our Professional Services team has built this for a client simular to what bruce described where we save the basket and re-load it each time they login.

Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan can you have PS reach out to me with a quote on that feature?

Comment

I have an integration, AutoBaskets, that works similarly and might only need a week or two to meet your specs.

Scott
          Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
          Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
          MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
          Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
          AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
          My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
            We've looked at adding something like this to the core software. We may at some point in the future.

Our Professional Services team has built this for a client simular to what bruce described where we save the basket and re-load it each time they login.
            This would be a welcomed conversion enhancement in addition to others.

With the exception of implementation, does the fact that previous implementation made means others would be spared the cost of research and development? How would that work? Its not like you would have to start from scratch.
            Last edited by William Davis; 01-26-21, 09:06 AM.
            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
            X