No announcement yet.

Display Payment Method on Confirmation Email Not Working Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The update in 10.02 was to fix a bug where the card type was not being output correctly on INVC and the emails

But the payment information has been available in the emails for a while now. There is a foreach loop which will output the payment data for any payment records on the order.

<mvt:foreach iterator="payment" array="order:payments">
    &mvte:payment:desc; (&mvt:payment:formatted_amount;)
    </mvt:foreach>

This would output: Visa ($71.68)

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      The update in 10.02 was to fix a bug where the card type was not being output correctly on INVC and the emails

But the payment information has been available in the emails for a while now. There is a foreach loop which will output the payment data for any payment records on the order.

<mvt:foreach iterator="payment" array="order:payments">
      &mvte:payment:desc; (&mvt:payment:formatted_amount;)
      </mvt:foreach>

This would output: Visa ($71.68)
      Any way of displaying the last four digits of the card? All of my credit cards displays that data on paper receipts, confirmation emails and text messages.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

On a related, but slightly different note, I use the PayPal Commerce module for processing credit card payments. When charges are processed, &mvte:payment:desc; outputs the type of card used. But when refunds are processed that same statement doesn't return the credit card type. It returns "PayPal". A screen shot of that section of the customer order confirmation email of a refund I just processed is below.

Will this be addressed as well?
        Refund.png
        Todd Gibson
        Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Hi,
          I am using "&mvt:payment:desc;" to display the payment card type on my Order Confirmation emails. When the order is placed the email is automatically sent and the payment method appears. This is working.
          However, when I have to resend an Order Confirmation within the Admin page, the email sends but the payment method is blank/not displaying. Should I have something other than "&mvt:payment:desc;" to show payment method on email resends?

Thanks!
          Corina

Comment

Working...
          X