Thermal printer recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermal printer recommendations

Looking for recommendations for thermal printers used with Miva, printing labels directly from Miva. Also size and type of labels used. Any problems, concerns, etc. about specific thermal printers or thermal printers in general would be helpful too.

It seems a customer is trying to print with a thermal printer, but the label prints sideways. Customer has said there is no way to change the orientation through the printer setup. (These are all the details I have.)

Thanks for any help.

We use something like these at the office: ZEBRA ZP-505

I think our models are older and no longer made, but this model should work fine (really any Zebra thermal printer should)
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Can you tell me what driver you use? Does the printer properties/setup allow you to turn the output 90 degrees? Client is getting labels oriented the wrong way. (see attached) zp-lbl.jpg

Comment

Hello c3idesign,

I know of a couple us in the technical assistance center run the ZP-450. In theory it can be any zebra printer that supports ZPL2 printer language. I don't have it setup on my new laptop but I do recall obtaining the drivers from the Zebra website. What model printer is your client using and does it support ZPL2 printer language?

Warm Regards,
        Rafael Buelna
        Miva Support Engineer
        800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
        http://www.miva.com
        http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

The model number is ZP 505-0503-0017. From what I can tell, this model does support ZPL2.

I'm trying to find out the driver info.

Comment

You don't need a special driver, whatever they provide to work with your computer. You will need to download MivaPrint Q from the Miva App Store to be able to send your thermal labels to those printers.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by c3idesign View Post
              Looking for recommendations for thermal printers used with Miva, printing labels directly from Miva. Also size and type of labels used. Any problems, concerns, etc. about specific thermal printers or thermal printers in general would be helpful too.

It seems a customer is trying to print with a thermal printer, but the label prints sideways. Customer has said there is no way to change the orientation through the printer setup. (These are all the details I have.)

Thanks for any help.
              On a semi related topic, replacing ShipWorks with Miva's fulfillment solution has been on our wish list for some time, but when we last looked into it their solution it simply was not ready for us. Thus, we moved on to the next project, but I know things have changed since then.

I am assuming when a business has already invested in a device for one sole purpose, in this case printing shipping labels, they did their homework, testing, etc. Would you mind sharing some of your experience with the hope of saving us some time and headaches?

Here is what we need to know:
              1. What solution did you replace?
              2. How did you test Miva's fulfillment solution (on your existing store and with real postage)?
              3. How is Miva's order workflow working out for you?
              4. Does Miva's solution still require Endicia?
              5. Does Miva's solution displays all applicable shipping services/rates available for said package (at least for the same shipper) or users required to select each service to view price?
              6. Were you able to retain any legacy shipping data in order to retrieve later if necessary? If so, how?
              7. Most important, were there any trade-offs from switching from your legacy fulfillment solution to Miva's?
              8. What else should we know that I may have missed?
              9. Finally, once you have worked out all your printer issues, could you please share the name brand and model number?
              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
              X