Search Preview not showing desired order

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jake Herbert
    Mivite

    • May 2008
    • 171

    #1

    Search Preview not showing desired order

    Hi,

    The new search changes are great. It's much improved our site.

    On our search results we now have them sorted by relevance. Which is so much better for us.

    However on the search preview pop up I can't get them to display by that order. In Miva admin "Search Preview" settings it's not an option.

    So at the moment we get different results for the preview as we do for the results on SRCH.

    Am I missing something, or do you please have plans to add this option please?

    Thanks


    Facewest- UK Adventure sports Equipment
    www.facewest.co.uk
  • Brennan
    Super Moderator









    • Jun 2009
    • 3481

    #2
    It does not appear that relevance is s sorting option yet on the search preview. Its currently only on the search results page I'll file a feature request so we can get this added in a future update.

    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

    Comment

    • Jake Herbert
      Mivite

      • May 2008
      • 171

      #3
      Great, thankyou!
      Facewest- UK Adventure sports Equipment
      www.facewest.co.uk

      Comment

      • joshpappas
        Mivite


        • Oct 2013
        • 260

        #4
        Brennan Any update on the status of this request? This is something I've been following but noticed that it didn't make it into 10.02 or 10.03. Relevance is a great option that I think is a big improvement for our search results and would love to see it in the preview results as well.

        Comment

        • Brennan
          Super Moderator









          • Jun 2009
          • 3481

          #5
          This update has not yet been planned for a release yet. I'll keep you posted once we schedule it for a release.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

          Comment

          • Jake Herbert
            Mivite

            • May 2008
            • 171

            #6
            Any news on this feature please.

            It will be a big improvemnet to the search.

            Thanks

            Jake
            Facewest- UK Adventure sports Equipment
            www.facewest.co.uk

            Comment

            • joshpappas
              Mivite


              • Oct 2013
              • 260

              #7
              I keep checking for this with every release but it seems like it's still missing as of 10.05.02. Any updates?

              Comment

              • Jake Herbert
                Mivite

                • May 2008
                • 171

                #8
                Yes, it's a shame, I have disabled this feature on our store now as the results are so divergent from our actual search results from the page SEARCH.

                Facewest- UK Adventure sports Equipment
                www.facewest.co.uk

                Comment

                • joshpappas
                  Mivite


                  • Oct 2013
                  • 260

                  #9
                  Brennan Is this on the horizon at all? I don't see it as of 10.08.01. Or is everyone expected to use a third party search service these days?

                  Comment

                  • Rick Wilson
                    Uber Mivite











                    • Aug 2007
                    • 10124

                    #10
                    Josh, we just had a board meeting last week to approve the 2024 Roadmap. Miva "Search v2" is on the 2024 Roadmap, it'll be a new paradigm (instead of MySQL) and this would be included in this update.
                    Thanks,

                    Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

                    Comment

                    • joshpappas
                      Mivite


                      • Oct 2013
                      • 260

                      #11
                      Rick Wilson Thanks for the update!

                      Comment

                      • joshpappas
                        Mivite


                        • Oct 2013
                        • 260

                        #12
                        Rick Wilson Did the "Search V2" feature get bumped to 2025? I don't see it mentioned in release notes as of the upcoming 10.10 version. After 3 years, I'm anxious to get the "Troubleshoot search issues" task checked off my list.

                        Comment

                        • Rick Wilson
                          Uber Mivite











                          • Aug 2007
                          • 10124

                          #13
                          Josh,

                          Not exactly, it was never slated for 10.10. We have 10.11 slated for October. which is likely going to have some of the underlying pieces. However the customer facing features of Search V2 will be in 10.12, around Camp Miva.
                          Thanks,

                          Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]
                          https://www.miva.com

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X