FedEx Tracking Links not working anymore

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • s1b
    Mivite

    • Nov 2011
    • 112

    #1

    FedEx Tracking Links not working anymore

    Hi,

    Has there been a change/update to the FedEx tracking link that I missed implementing?

    In Miva Admin (Home>Order Processing>Shipments) and in the Email Shipment Confirmations - the link has been returning "System Currently Unavailable" message from the FedEx website. I can track on their site via enter the tracking # manually. It's been a problem for several days now.

    This is the link I have had set up for years: "http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?language=english&cntry_code=us&tracknumbe rs=" with the actual tracking number after "tracknumbers="

    thanks!
    Corina
  • Jim McCormick
    Super Moderator


    • Mar 2006
    • 1428

    #2
    Hi Corina,

    The URL for the tracking link has been changed. If you go into Settings -> Domain Settings -> Shipment Tracking Links you can edit the one for FedEx and change it to:

    If you need our help to do this, please open a ticket and we can update it for you.

    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

    https://www.miva.com

    Comment

    • s1b
      Mivite

      • Nov 2011
      • 112

      #3
      THANK YOU! I made the change it is working again.

      Comment

      • afiumano
        Mighty Mivite




        • Dec 2010
        • 765

        #4
        Jim McCormick Ouch - when was the URL updated? We send out shipment tracking emails and we are wondeirng how many have been affected?

        Comment

        • Jim McCormick
          Super Moderator


          • Mar 2006
          • 1428

          #5
          Originally posted by afiumano View Post
          Jim McCormick Ouch - when was the URL updated? We send out shipment tracking emails and we are wondeirng how many have been affected?
          I don't when it changed but the first report we had on this issue was 8/23.
          Jim McCormick
          Miva Merchant Support
          866-284-9812

          https://www.miva.com

          Comment

          • s1b
            Mivite

            • Nov 2011
            • 112

            #6
            Hi afiumano,

            I noticed it on Monday 8/23/21.
            I waited to see if the problem would resolve because FedEx's message is "System Currently Unavailable. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Some of our online services are temporarily unavailable. We are working quickly to resolve the issue and regret any inconvenience."



            Comment

            • afiumano
              Mighty Mivite




              • Dec 2010
              • 765

              #7
              s1b Thanks for the information and for getting this problem noticed.

              Jim McCormick Would there be any way some sort of notice could be sent to developers and/or store owners when an issue like this is found? Maybe one main forum thread that we can subscribe to? This probably affected a few hundred orders for our client.

              Comment

              Working...
              X