MMT Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMT Assistance

I've completed the MivaLearn course and read through the docs for MMT.
    I have the most recent installs of both python and MMT.

The credentials and remote are set up in line with the documentation.
    I have set the config for the editor correctly (VS Code).

When I attempt any checkout the files will download, but I get the following error.

Code:
    D:\randomFolder\> mmt checkout dev devtest

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "\python\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 197 , in _run_module_as_main
        return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
      File "\python\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 87,  in _run_code
        exec(code, run_globals)
      File "\Python\Python39\Scripts\mmt.exe\__main__.py", line 7,  in <module>
      File "\python\python39\lib\site-packages\mmt\__init__.py", line 190, in main
        run( parser )
      File "\python\python39\lib\site-packages\mmt\__init__.py", line 228, in run
        mmt_command.run()
      File "\python\python39\lib\site-packages\mmt\commands\checkout.py", line 84, in ru n
        self._process_branchpropertyversion( branchpro pertyversion )
      File "\python\python39\lib\site-packages\mmt\commands\checkout.py", line 224, in _ process_branchpropertyversion      
        property_settings_filepath  = self.build_property_settings_filepath( branchpropertyversion )
      File "\python\python39\lib\site-packages\mmt\commands\__init__.py", line 405, in b uild_property_settings_filepath    
        return self._build_property_filepath_lowlevel(  branchpropertyversion, '.json' )
      File "\python\python39\lib\site-packages\mmt\commands\__init__.py", line 429, in _ build_property_filepath_lowlevel   
        return os.path.join( self._build_property_path ( branchpropertyversion ), f'{self.get_branchprope rtyversion_code( branchpropertyversion )}{suffix}'  )    
      File "\python\python39\lib\site-packages\mmt\commands\__init__.py", line 339, in g et_branchpropertyversion_code      
        return branchpropertyversion.get_category().ge t( 'code' )
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute  'get'
    (file locations truncated)

If I am reading correctly, the error seems to be related to a branch property. I double-checked my remote and branch settings and everything lines up with the docs.

The files still download and
    I can successfully push changes from my local machine to my dev store. However, the MMT commands "info", "pull", "log" all show the message
    Code:
    MMT-COMMAND-00001: MMT has not been configured for path '.'
    This message displays regardless of which directory I am in. What am I missing? I know it has to be something simple.

Any MMT users out there that can provide some insight?

The first issue is you have orphaned category properties. We have an outstanding issue on this for MMT and it should be fixed in the next release.

As far as the second issue, are you running those commands from VS Code? It doesn't sound like you are in the right directory. Those commands only work from the current working directory.
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thanks for the response. It's good to know the first problem shouldn't affect using MMT.

An example of my attempt to set up MMT, to address the current working directory:
      I create a local directory "Miva", while in this directory I perform a checkout to"./example". The MMT commands show the not configured message in both the "MIVA" and the "Miva/example" directories, I feel like I'm missing something incredibly simple. Is there an MMT equivalent of "setup this directory to work with MMT"?

Last edited by kocourek; 09-23-21, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X