Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Product Price Via Toolbelt Or Mivascript Prior To Add To Cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Product Price Via Toolbelt Or Mivascript Prior To Add To Cart?

We are pulling data from another system via XML and returning customers to the "product" page on the Miva side after they use a customization tool. The problem, that customization tool changes the price, and there is no method to the madness we can tie it to on the Miva side, SO MY THOUGHT, is there a way to change the price that gets "added to the basket" prior to said adding to the basket?

Example, this tool will send us back the "new price" via XML so my thinking is I can grab the "new price" and just replace the product price via an assign function or something like that, but I can't quite figure out how to get it to work.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. It's really simple in the end, the product price will be $X as a base, but the customizer tool may send back a price that is greater than that and we simply need to replace the price value in Miva with the customizers price for adding to basket.

I figured I could use an attribute maybe and "add the price that way" which would make sense, but I couldn't find a way to do that within the toolbelt documentation. I'm still looking though.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

It used to be fairly easy to change the price of an item in the basket, and have the change be carried all the way through checkout. But I'm not sure if that's the case any more, because of the way that price groups work in newer versions of Miva.

Whenever the basket contents change, the store recalculates all discounts. I don't know whether or not this would overwrite changes and restore the item's original price; I don't think so, but it seems possible. It might depend on the type of discounts that are in effect for the product.

Maybe someone at Miva can shed some light on this. I can think of some alternative approaches that will work around the price-group problem. If you want to discuss it further, I think you still have my email address.
    Kent Multer
    Magic Metal Productions
    http://TheMagicM.com
    * Web developer/designer
    * E-commerce and Miva
    * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

I think you're right. It looks like the JS that powers the price change on the fly as it relates to an attribute is not something we can get at via the available templates, so we either have to get creative with JS, or we would have to build a custom module (at which point I'll hit you up). In our case, I think I may be able to "add an extra basket charge/line item via a few lines of code so that the "add on" for these custom badges would simply be a separate line item on the order. Not ideal, but within the budget for this gig at least.

Whatever I figure out I'll come back and will post here for posterity haha.
      Ted Hust
      AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
      Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Working...
      X