PayPal Partnership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Partnership

As a seller, we are making decisions everyday to grow our business. We have implemented Paypal as one of our checkout alternative for many years. Today, we are reconsidering taking that off all together. Before we do that, i like to hear from the seller communities that are using Paypal.

Customers who purchase through Paypal can always file and disputes their orders. We just got another dispute claiming they did not receive the package even though we provide proof that the packaged was delivered to the address.

So for situation like this, we lose the cost of the products plus shipping fees and since we lost the dispute, we have to pay an additional 15 dispute fee.

I understand there is a cost of doing business but enough is enough.

Paypal doesn't seem equipped, from the support side, to properly service businesses, especially smaller ones. I tried them as a processor and it was a huge cluster-ferk from the beginning - they started by throttling my account, costing me more in *one day* than I would have saved in a YEAR of doing business with them. And service was clueless - tried to blame it on the customer's CC providers. I walked away.

Comment

Chargebacks/disputes can be filed for credit cards as well. What's the difference if someone disputes PayPal or a Credit Card

Comment

There's also a difference between someone using PayPal (funds in the PayPal account to pay you to your PayPal account) and Braintree which they also own. PayPal Commerce Platform and Braintree should both be virtually identical to Auth.net, Stripe, Square, etc... of course individual customer service varies by company, but they all offer the same underlying product.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X