X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Brennan View Post
    This is still an open bug. Its not fixed in the upcoming PageBuilder release. We likely will need to update the individual modules themselves as PayPal only supports 2 decimal places.
    Thanks for the update Brennan. I wonder how many stores this is preventing the implementation of PayPal Commerce?

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    This is still an open bug. Its not fixed in the upcoming PageBuilder release. We likely will need to update the individual modules themselves as PayPal only supports 2 decimal places.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    That's possible, I'm not sure on that, I just asked QA and they were aware.
    Is there any update on this? I have another site that is using the Price Table Based Shipping module with a percentage value. It's not as complicated at the one with the VAT tax but it is preventing them from using the PayPal Commerce module.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Thanks. LOL, has QA seen what else I broke (not PayPal Commerce related)?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    I know we have a bug on this issue, FWIW.
    Thanks I had been informed that too, but that it was a PayPal issue and not a Miva issue.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    I know we have a bug on this issue, FWIW.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kent Multer View Post
    Both these modules are included in the LSK. A good developer should be able to easily create versions that produce charges with only 2 digits after the decimal point..
    Understood. That might need to happen with the Price Table Based Shipping module. I was hoping that Miva might have jumped in and offered up a fix on this one.

There are too many moving parts involved with the VAT / Non-Vat tax issues. From what I understand Germany for a while required tax calculations out to like 5 decimal places - not sure if that still applies. But if anything more than 2 decimal places is required it is going to be the PayPay Commerce module that needs to be fixed. As I understand it, both of these bugs have been reported to PayPal.

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    replied
    Both these modules are included in the LSK. A good developer should be able to easily create versions that produce charges with only 2 digits after the decimal point..

Leave a comment:

• Price Table Based Shipping, Percentage and PayPal Commerce bug

I've been working with a site that is having issues where customers cannot checkout. After touching base with Miva Support it turns out that the Price Table Based Shipping which is configured to use percentages at certain ceilings will trigger an error with PayPal Commerce which cannot accept over two decimal places.

This is what triggers that error.

Example (this is just the numbers, not a basket/order):
    195.33 (basket total) × 0.45 (PTBS rate) = 87.8985
    I was informed

We consider this a PayPal bug and have filed it with them.
    This means there are no plans to update the PTBS module.
    I'm also dealing with an bug related to vat / non-vat tax issue with another site - again it looks to be related to PayPal Commerce not being able to handle more than 2 decimal points.

Since these are both known bugs, there's no reason for me to post this info there too.

Working...
X