Vendor Purchase Order System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor Purchase Order System

Is there an app or platform that anyone uses to manage product suppliers and purchase orders? (I'm talking about my orders to vendors for products, not customers paying by PO.) The only posts about this topic are years old and I need to find a solution. Thanks!

Originally posted by elisabeth_hale View Post
    Is there an app or platform that anyone uses to manage product suppliers and purchase orders? (I'm talking about my orders to vendors for products, not customers paying by PO.) The only posts about this topic are years old and I need to find a solution. Thanks!
    If you are referring to something like Viking Coders Vendor Manager (04-16-14, 03:36 PM post: Use Viking Coders Vendor Manager in old MM4.24, are there similar MM5.5 solutions?), I do not believe so and its a big issue for us-someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I've written similar modules in the past. I'll be glad to discuss it some more. If there are two or more merchants who want this, the cost can be shared among them to make it affordable.
      Kent Multer
      Magic Metal Productions
      http://TheMagicM.com
      * Web developer/designer
      * E-commerce and Miva
      * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Originally posted by elisabeth_hale View Post
        I would think a product LIKE quick books would be your best choice even if you only use it for your purchases. Maybe not quick books specically, but most products that track purchases for companies tend to be in the same ball park (i.e., the do it for purchases AND recieved order/payroll/etc).

Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post

I would think a product LIKE quick books would be your best choice even if you only use it for your purchases. Maybe not quick books specically, but most products that track purchases for companies tend to be in the same ball park (i.e., the do it for purchases AND recieved order/payroll/etc).
          One would tend to think so, but having been there and done that I can tell you that is not the case. Yes, their are workarounds, but very tedious and not worth the effort IMO.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Whether it's QB or another system, this is by definition a function of an ERP system. So StoneEdge or MOM would be specialty ones that do it, or QB, NetSuite or something else on the higher end.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
            X