Review Baskets Oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review Baskets Oddity

Getting ready to update a clients site. Using Review Baskets--well, to review baskets as I'm want to do. And see this:

401186 $675.00 4/15/2022, 2:22:58 PM
    400063 $1,640.00 4/14/2022, 5:00:28 PM
    399569 $1,075.00 4/14/2022, 5:54:33 AM

the date is the "last updated date"

its April 13th, 2:34 Pacific time

???

As miva actually released its long awaited Miva Time Machine(tm)?
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Bump. I've always thought this was strange as well. I originally thought it reflected the basket expiry date, but that's not the case (and only some baskets have the future date set).

Comment

Could it have something to do with abandoned basket emails?

I thought they pushed the last update time ahead based on what settings are set up to trigger the emails.

Maybe they are set up to send 24 hours after the last known click or interaction on the site.
      Nick Harkins
      www.loveisarose.com
      *Web Developer
      *Miva
      *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

Originally posted by RTHOMASDESIGN View Post
        Bump. I've always thought this was strange as well. I originally thought it reflected the basket expiry date, but that's not the case (and only some baskets have the future date set).
        It might very well reflect that, but then that should be titled "Basket Timeout" (which wouldn't be a bad thing come to think of it).
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post

It might very well reflect that, but then that should be titled "Basket Timeout" (which wouldn't be a bad thing come to think of it).
          Hi Bruce

SidFeyDesigns has it correct, the Miva abandoned basket email and the Mailchimp module both have features that push the baskets Last updated value into the future by a set amount of time as a way to keep the basket from expiring before the customer can act on the abandoned basket emails.

Hope this helps
          -Eric
          Eric Foresman
          Software Tester
          Miva Merchant
          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X