New User Account setup - permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User Account setup - permissions

We run a daily inventory sync between our store system and MIVA. I have been trying to set up a user account for co-workers to help with our manual inventory syncing while I am away at trade shows.

I am unable to find the group privileges setting that allows for Import/Export functions under Data Management. I managed set group privileges so they can modify Import Settings but I can't seem to set the privilege to actually perform the data uploads. What am I missing? Is this an admin privilege only?

Additional question:
    We are considering outsourcing to have someone program a script to run daily and pull the store softwares's exported inventory CSV file and upload to our MIVA store. Can someone explain briefly how this usually works? Our store software developer says he can write the code to export the CSV file to "wherever we want" so I have that half of the programming figured out.

Is it typical to save the exported CSV file onto our store server or into a dropbox folder? Would custom code then pull the file into Miva?

Katie Sorensen
    Design Quest Furniture

http://www.designquest.biz

Since you have a developer available, Have you looked at using Product_Update in the MIVA API to push the inventory changes directly into MIVA rather than using a CSV?

Comment

We have discussed this. The developer I referenced is solely for our store software. He can program export of APIs, CSV, whatever we ask but says we have to find someone to code the MIVA end. We also used a design firm recently for our latest website but I thought their quote for API sync work was a bit high. I wanted to understand the process better. Maybe their quote was fair. If you have a recommendation, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Meanwhile, I have a trade show coming up very soon and just want to set up a co-worker to do the sync. Hoping someone can help me figure out why I can't set import/export permissions. I swear I turned pretty much everything on. Can't figure it out. Would prefer not to give admin privileges to co-workers with zero Miva/website experience but would also like to not have to log onto Miva every day to sync inventory :)
      Katie Sorensen
      Design Quest Furniture

http://www.designquest.biz

Comment

For the first part of your question, I believe you need Admin permissions to be able to import data. For Automating this kind of this you'd need to utilize the JSON API.

Scott
        Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
        Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
        MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
        Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
        My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

d2d2d2, you might also want to consider implementing a system/process wherein you confirm inventory count and product location each time an order is being picked.

Here is a screenshot of our picklist:

inv-imge.jpg

We not only display the product code, image and name, current in stock, Inventory Storage Location "Update!" conditional if field is empty, and QR Code. Since we implemented this system, we rarely had any inventory related issues.

Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

William Davis
            how does the order picker interact with this? Is it on a tablet or laptop and they can make those changes directly to the catalog?

Comment

Originally posted by mvasquez View Post
              William Davis
              how does the order picker interact with this? Is it on a tablet or laptop and they can make those changes directly to the catalog?
              mvasquez, great question. Sadly no. We print each picklist, and pickers then use their cell phone to locate each product and update picklist printout in writing if need be, then in Miva. Once we are finished, picklist is discarded -what a waste.

We did post a "dream feature" enhancement to do exactly what you suggested a while back (forum post: "View and Edit Merchant Picklist from Mobile Device Workaround?").

Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

William Davis thanks for the context - going to PM you so I don't derail this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X