Google tagging instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google tagging instructions

How do I do this so every page is tagged in my website? Or is it necessary to do this to every page? I used to show up in Google searches but for some reason I haven't shown up for quite some time now. Should I be using the Google Site Tag or Google Tag Manager? What page does this code need to be inserted on--SFNT?? Also, my misskatescreations.txt feed upload within Google which used to run is now empty. I have no idea why or when that happened. Could upgrading to various versions of Miva have caused this?

Google Site Tag Instructions.PNGGoogle Site Tag Instructions.PNG
    Last edited by Miss Kate; 07-24-22, 02:49 PM.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

You may be mixing a couple different tools.

Google Tag Manager is for managing the output of JavaScript on the site (which may include Google Analytics) You already have Universal Analytics output on your store in the footer. This is used for measuring site traffic.

It sounds like you are wondering why your site is not showing up in Google search results. You'll need to track down why that feed file is empty. It sounds like that is the XML feed of products you send to Google?

Login into Google Search Console (https://search.google.com/search-console/about) (This is what reads in that feed) and it should give you any errors it is seeing.

But that will just ensure your site is able to be indexed by google. It won't tell you why your site is not being returned in the search results. For that, you likely need a SEO consultant to look at your site and give recommendations to improve rankings for your keywords.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      You may be mixing a couple different tools.

Google Tag Manager is for managing the output of JavaScript on the site (which may include Google Analytics) You already have Universal Analytics output on your store in the footer. This is used for measuring site traffic.

It sounds like you are wondering why your site is not showing up in Google search results. You'll need to track down why that feed file is empty. It sounds like that is the XML feed of products you send to Google?

Login into Google Search Console (https://search.google.com/search-console/about) (This is what reads in that feed) and it should give you any errors it is seeing.

But that will just ensure your site is able to be indexed by google. It won't tell you why your site is not being returned in the search results. For that, you likely need a SEO consultant to look at your site and give recommendations to improve rankings for your keywords.
      I've got a couple things going on but my question was whether I use Google Global Site Tag or do I use Google Tag Manager with my website. Google gives examples for the Global Site Tag but I don't know if my website with Miva is what they are talking about.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
      , owner
      Miss Kate's Creations
      [email protected]
      www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Working...
      X