Soft 404 Errors in Google Search Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft 404 Errors in Google Search Console

I have tried figuring this out myself but am at a loss. I have 4 pages (URLs) coming up as Soft 404 errors in Google & I don't know how to exclude these pages in the Google Sitemap.xml I generated and uploaded to Google the other day. I downloaded the sitemap & took the 4 pages out, but how do I upload the edited file back up into Miva so Google can capture it? The import/export data management doesn't allow for an upload of the file. If it does, please explain how I can do it. I'm only seeing an export of it. Should I FTP the file back into my Miva site?

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

I'd recommend contacting our technical assistance center about this, with the four items that are causing the issue. You'd not typically ever have a soft 404 unless something weird is going on, such as products that are otherwise restricted but incorrectly end up in your feed file, or products that have since been deleted but your store's NTFD "not found" page has an incorrect configuration that's allowing it to return a status 200 with the text that the requested item was not found (a bug in some very old templates).
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
      I'd recommend contacting our technical assistance center about this, with the four items that are causing the issue. You'd not typically ever have a soft 404 unless something weird is going on, such as products that are otherwise restricted but incorrectly end up in your feed file, or products that have since been deleted but your store's NTFD "not found" page has an incorrect configuration that's allowing it to return a status 200 with the text that the requested item was not found (a bug in some very old templates).
      I'm using the base ready theme framework on my website. I'll take a screenshot of the Google error page and send it to support.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
      , owner
      Miss Kate's Creations
      [email protected]
      www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Working...
      X