New Miva ShipStation Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Miva ShipStation Integration

Has anyone updated to the new Miva ShipStation integration yet? I've been holding off until I'm back at home base and can deal with any unexpected issues if they arise.

Anyone have tips or feedback on the process of transferring historical order/shipment data from the original account to the new account after its' created?
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Haven't had any problems yet. Definitely recommend watching the video posted in the docs & thoroughly reading the setup guide:
    https://docs.miva.com/integration-guides/shipstation

What do you mean by "Anyone have tips or feedback on the process of transferring historical order/shipment data from the original account to the new account after its' created?"
    Are you talking about "Stores" within ShipStation? If so, I'd keep your original store in SS for data purposes (for the time being) and set up a new store (e.g. Corsets API). Within ShipStation, when shipping orders, all orders should be listed under "awaiting shipment". Keep in mind you'll need to update all of the settings under "Store Setup" to match your current settings.

You can't import orders via CSV into any store account within ShipStation. You can only import into "Manual Orders".

Hope this helps
    -Ryan

Comment

If you are an existing ShipStation customer, using the new integration will create a separate store in ShipStation separate from the one you have today. ShipStation has said they have a way to manually move over any settings/historical orders by contacting their Support team. However, they are also working on an update that will do this automatically in a future update.

Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Can someone explain new or improved features of the updated integration vs the prior module? From my reading of the new integration I'm not seeing any new functions. I would like to know what is new and/improved before undertaking the change. It has always worked well. Thanks.
        Barry

Comment

I've asked Brennan to chime in with more specific details, but in short it uses all of our latest features. So our JSON API (versus a custom connector) and from a true feature standpoint you can do Order Queues. So if an order changes (say you add an item) after you've downloaded the original order to ShipStation, you can track that and make sure you catch the change, etc...
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Under "Connect a Marketplace" in ShipStation, the new Miva Connect is showing as a Beta. I'm assuming that's fine and everything else should work as outlined in the integration guide?
            Psydde Delicious
            Philadelphia, PA
            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Yes that's correct
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

I discovered a bug after setting up the new integration. I have already contacted support about this issue, but I wanted to post to the forums to see if anyone else experienced this and found a solution..

I submitted a test order through my shop after creating the new "store" in ShipStation. The order appeared in ShipStation in both my original store and the new store setup as expected, however the order total was different.

My ShipStation original store setup showed the correct order amount as seen in the Miva order details, but the new ShipStation store integration showed an incorrect amount because it did not reflect a price group discount that was applied to the order. The price group discount was setup as a Product Discount of 10% for Specific Customers.

I've not tested more since the initial test order and problem. We use price groups extensively so I did not continue processing orders via the new integration store - I'm still processing via our original ShipStation setup until I the problem can be identified and resolved.

Anyone else have problems or find workarounds for price group discounts?
                Psydde Delicious
                Philadelphia, PA
                www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

We did confirm this was a bug on our end. When we pass ShipStation item level discounts, they they reduce that from the item total, but our item total we pass them is the discounted total so it is being double discounted which is why the order total in ShipStation is incorrect.

We''re working on pushing out a fix to address this. I don't believe there is any work around at this time.
                  Brennan Heyde
                  VP Product
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Brennan Thanks for the follow up.

I may actually be experiencing a different bug - the behavior I'm seeing with my integration is that the discount is not being reflected at all. So my ShipStation order total is too high, not too low as the result of a double discount.
                    Psydde Delicious
                    Philadelphia, PA
                    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

I confirmed with dev, this is the same bug. We actually pass the discounts as a positive number, so its increasing the order total as you're seeing.
                      Brennan Heyde
                      VP Product
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Client reached out to me because they noticed that their UPS rates rose significantly after setting up the new Miva/Shipstation integration

It's important to note that if you map a Miva custom field (e.g. order_notes) to Shipstation's "Additional Handling / Special Instructions" field during setup, that two things will happen... A "Note from buyer" will be set within Shipstation (as expected), but the shipping option "This shipment requires additional handling" will also be selected for UPS shipments. This is not in the documentation. UPS charges a lot for additional handling. Really hoping this is fixed, as it's rare that they'd want that option checked. Shipstation's automation rules do not have the ability to change that shipment option -- so there's no automated fix on their end.

-Ryan

Comment

Working...
                        X