Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display on INVC but only for first-time purchasers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display on INVC but only for first-time purchasers?

Is there any way on the INVC page to tell if an order is a first-time purchase for the customer?

I know I can do it custom by looking for the email address (or other identifying information) in the Orders table, but I wanted to see if there was something built-in first.

Thanks,
    Susan
    Susan Petracco
    NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

None that I'm aware of. As a word of caution, we have a site where we lookup customer email for previous orders on one of their pages, and it can take up to 5 -7 seconds to process. I don't know if you'd want that time added to the INVC page.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      None that I'm aware of. As a word of caution, we have a site where we lookup customer email for previous orders on one of their pages, and it can take up to 5 -7 seconds to process. I don't know if you'd want that time added to the INVC page.
      Bruce, I kind of thought that could be an issue, and this site does have a lot of orders. Thanks for mentioning it, and confirming what I thought I knew about it not being built-in.
      Susan Petracco
      NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

funny too. i was just looking at that feature today. We review how many we 'catch' verses the # of orders to justify the additional time. (btw: it does catch 10/15 per day out of about 100 orders)
        i am thinking that we might limit time scope to say 1 year. right now we are going back about 3 years. so, a limit might be worth adding.

we do this to increase the odds that people use their account while ordering so its easier to do CRM reports and other things (like re-order lists etc). They have about a 40% repeat customer base so that helps justify the time and work.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

The query itself seems pretty fast. I wonder why it takes 5-7 seconds on your store? Maybe your site has tons more orders than this one. This one has 1.5 million records in s01_orders. and it takes 0.001 - 0.003 seconds if I use bill_email. It takes longer on ship_email - 0.09 seconds - I presume because there's an index on bill_email and not one on ship_email.
          Susan Petracco
          NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

hmmm...yea, that seems odd...even with +3M it doesn't add up. what's the query you're using?
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

select * from s01_Orders where bill_email = '[email protected]'

I would probably change it to select count(*) when implementing it; I was just running the above in Plesk / phpMyAdmin.
              Susan Petracco
              NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

odd...its basically what i'm doing...never timed it from plesk, just from the SMT layer to module and back. module just returns the cust id so we can give them a "login" button.
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                X