Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we disable the saved addresses feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we disable the saved addresses feature?

Our customers just don't read anything when they are checking out and the saved addresses is causing more issues for us than it is worth. It is a great feature but our customer base just can't figure it out - I'm being kind. The nasty e-mails we received after they place their own orders is draining.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Can you provide some details on where the confusion is coming from? Is this during checkout or some where else. You can remove it during checkout by modifying the page templates to not show the saved addresses, but I would like to understand where the issues are coming from.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. From what we are seeing it really is just a matter of customers not paying attention once they get to checkout. Most say they weren't aware "that address" was saved.

I believe the confusion is coming from the "Saved Address" label.

If I go into my test account, go to checkout there are multiple "Saved Addresses". They all show the same address in the display, but when you click on the drop down they are all old test addresses that I used in the past. So when the customers see that they are thinking that is the address that is being used and just don't bother looking at the actual fields that are populated.

I can send you screenshots of my account outside of the forum if you would like?

Mike

Comment

Yes please send me the details to [email protected] and we can discuss.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Ok just e-mailed over a screenshot. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X