How To Create or Add a Visual Product Configurator To My Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Create or Add a Visual Product Configurator To My Store

Hi All! This is my first post on the forums, so don't hesitate to let me know if I posted this in the wrong section and direct me to where I need to go.

That being said, I wanted to know if anyone knows of a way to add or create a visual product configurator for a store. I know you can set up inventory variants, but the issue with that is you need to add a new product image per variant (if I understand how inventory variants work). If I took that approach, I would need to upload over 50,000 product images.

I run a diploma frame store. We have over 5,500 active products and each product averages over 10 variants (mat color, type of frame, etc). I want to be able to upload the seven frame variants and the eight frame variants and be able to overlay those on a product image if the customer selects that option. For an example of the kind of visual product configurator I am looking for, please see the link below.

https://demos.configuratorsuiteforwp.com/shoes-demo/

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know of a module that could add this functionality?

Thank you all!

If you actually have images for each frame, mat, color combination you could still use inventory variants. Miva has a feature where instead of uploading the image for each variant you can upload it once at the master product level and Miva will automatically apply it to all variants using "Add Images(s) to Options Part Products" option.

If you don't have the images for each combination than using a builder type tool (or building your own) is also an option. Miva can integrate with any 3rd party tool where after the product is built, the add to cart button adds the product to Miva's basket with the right options.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you, Brennan, super helpful info! We sadly do not have the images for all of the variants. so if we went that route we would have to physically create each variant and take a picture or use PhotoShop, both options I would like to avoid if possible.

The option to build my own product configurator or integrate with a 3rd party is ideal! If you could just point me to some docs that would walk me through what needs to be done to either create a module to do this (I assume this would be done with a module) or docs that would walk me through a 3rd party integration that would be great! It might be helpful to mention that I have several years of web/app development experience but am very new to the Miva software and scripting language. I am pretty comfortable with the template language at this point but have not worked with MivaScript and don't even know where to start learning how to create and implement a module.

Thanks again, Brennan!

Comment

Not sure you need a module. We've built a number of 'product configuration' widgets using SMT / Basic Miva Features (and yes, huge load of jQuery) code.

Real High Level

If each of the basic components--frame, mat color, bezel, etc was created as attribute, those items could be cross-references to a specific image and pulled into a jQuery applet that they user could interact with (i.e., adding/removing/changing). Once the user was satisfied, you could use an 'AJAX'ed' template to process the captured selections back into something Miva Add to Basket function understands.

The only thing i can think a module would do is eliminate the AJAX function.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Great and helpful information. Thank you, Bruce!

Comment

Working...
          X