Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to upload Attributes without Inventory Tracking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to upload Attributes without Inventory Tracking?

Using the "Add/Update Product Variants from CSV" - how can you create the attributes so that they do not track inventory or create variants or kits?

I'm able to use the CSV import to create the options at the correct prices and weights etc - but it always flags the attribute as "Track Inventory" - "Yes"

I see the "Track Inventory" value I want to change in the Admin UI @ Catalog >> Product >> Attribute

I have a "size" attribute - (and then multiple options under that attribute) - in the Admin UI on that screen, there are two fields - "Required" and "Track Inventory"
    The upload template has "ATTRIBUTE_REQUIRED" as a header - which will change what I see in the Admin UI after upload, however, I cannot find how to change that "Track Inventory" field on the attribute via the upload.

Is there a header of for the CSV upload to make that "Track Inventory" flag read "No"?

Is there some other method?

Thanks,

miva-screenshot-attribute-track-inventory.png

It should be: TRACK_PRODUCT_INVENTORY
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      It should be: TRACK_PRODUCT_INVENTORY
      Thank you for the reply - however that didn't seem to work.

The attached image shows the results of two different CSV uploads that are creating the attribute on the desired (pre-existing) product - the top one with "1" in both "Required" and "Track Inventory" - the bottom with "0" in both.

headers and results.png

Comment

That all looks correct. Can you submit a ticket to [email protected] so we can dig into this and see what is going on?
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Will do - thanks!

Comment

For posterity or others having this issue in the future; support's response was:
            The TRACK_PRODUCT_INVENTORY field looks to be specific to the Product Import module
            And XML import using ProductAttribute_Add was the suggested solution.

Comment

Working...
            X