Attribute Quantities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attribute Quantities

I'm hoping someone can spark my imagination on how to do this. I have a product with a base price of $100, and it has an attribute with a value of $4.00. My problem is that the customer may want to order multiple quantities of the attribute. One customer may want the attribute just once, while the next customer may want the attribute a hundred times. I imagined an attribute with a quantity box; they enter a quantity of one, and $4.00 is added to the product's price. If they enter a quantity of 100, then $400.00 is added to the product.

The clarify, the product is a plaque, and the attribute is a line of engraving. Some people may need only 1 line of engraving, and others may want many lines. We will ask the customer to email the required engraving. This way, we don't have to worry about spelling or other mistakes, which often happens when the customer wants a large amount of engraving.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?
    Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

Do you actually get orders for 100 lines of engraving? If you can live with a smaller maximum, such as 10 or 20, you can do this with an attribute. You can set up a dropdown menu with options from 1 to your maximum, and enter the option prices as multiples of $4.00. ... I suppose you can do it with a maximum of 100, but it will be a little tedious to set up.

That being said, I do have a module that can do this sort of complex pricing. If you're interested, you can email or PM me for details.
    Kent Multer
    Magic Metal Productions
    http://TheMagicM.com
    * Web developer/designer
    * E-commerce and Miva
    * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Thanks, I was about to post that I came up with a solution and it's exactly what you have suggested.
      Gary

[email protected]
      www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Working...
      X