Free Shipping Countdown App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Shipping Countdown App

Does anyone know of an app (or another method) to show a free shipping countdown amount to the customer?

I'm looking for something like a banner at the top that says:
    "Add $43.05 to your cart to unlock free shipping"

I've used apps like this in Shopify, but not sure if Miva has anything like this.

Thanks!
    Mark

Not clear if you mean a schedule message or one that calculates the difference between free shipping and the total they have in the basket. for the former you can look at

Schedule Messages from Scotsscripts.com https://www.scotsscripts.com/scheduled-messages.html

For the later you could do something simple like

<mvt:assign name="l.settings:freeshipdiff" value="200 - l.settings:basket:total" />
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:freeshipdiff GE 1">

<mvt:assign name="l.settings:freeshipdisplay" value="'\$' $ rnd(l.settings:freeshipdiff, 2)" />

Display this message and use &mvt:freeshippingdisplay; as the amount.

</mvt:if>

mind that this is off the top of my head and has not been vetted.

Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks you, Bruce. Yes, the latter: "calculates the difference between free shipping and the total".

Comment

Thank you, Bruce! I added this code and it worked on our basket page. I also tried adding to front end pages in the website but it doesn't seem to recognize this l.settings:basket:total outside of the checkout screens. Is there a way to get this to work on all the other pages in the site? I'd want a banner/announcement bar on all the pages (homepage, product pages, etc...) that shows this message. Is that possible?

Comment

yea, try using

l.settings:global_minibasket:total

instead of the other basket total.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
            X