Emails with custom templates and Sendgrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emails with custom templates and Sendgrid

I have designed a new custom email template for our stores. This adds about 7 new emails to track different stages of an order. I linked to images on the MIVA server with <mvt> code. I also use sendgrid to send emails from the webstore. I have had a 100% delivery rate until I changed to this new template. I think the images being pulled via a weblink are causing a spam hit. So, if anyone that has experience with sendgrid, do you have to enable images for full html emails? I also have seen design elements on Sendgrid, can you create the templates on sendgrid to grab data from MIVA?

I am just trying to solve this issue. I would like this to work, as we feel these emails look better and are more helpful for our customers.

Thanks,

Marshall
    http://www.hmcdisplay.com
    http://www.churchonwheels.com

Originally posted by marshallw View Post
    I have designed a new custom email template for our stores. This adds about 7 new emails to track different stages of an order. I linked to images on the MIVA server with <mvt> code. I also use sendgrid to send emails from the webstore. I have had a 100% delivery rate until I changed to this new template. I think the images being pulled via a weblink are causing a spam hit. So, if anyone that has experience with sendgrid, do you have to enable images for full html emails? I also have seen design elements on Sendgrid, can you create the templates on sendgrid to grab data from MIVA?

I am just trying to solve this issue. I would like this to work, as we feel these emails look better and are more helpful for our customers.

Thanks,
    @marshallw, very interesting, it would be nice if you share a sample of the way the email looked like.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Do you have 'Link Branding', and Click Tracking enabled on the Sendgrid side, and have you set Domain Authentication and either a Single Sender or full domain sender for the from email address the store uses? Typically that combination will result in Sendgrid taking the message from the store, using your domain as the From like normal, and then the links and image references in the email end up replaced by your custom Sendgrid subdomain, so all the content uses that same subdomain and passes spam filters. That wouldn't typically require a change on the store side unless the image links are not using the same domain as your Sendgrid domain authentication. If the image links have www, maybe try without the www to match the authenticated domain.

If you can send yourself one of the emails, viewing source on it should show if the images are loading from your real domain without translation or they've been updated by Sendgrid to be the custom subdomain. If that is properly occurring, I'd lean towards it being something in the content that's pushing it into the spam folder rather than the image url's.
      David Hubbard
      CIO
      Miva
      [email protected]
      http://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
      X