Search Query String Not Generated in URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Query String Not Generated in URL

I'm working on converting my site search features from PowerSearch to native Miva search functions.

One of my sites is having an issue with search query strings not being generated/displayed in URL's after performing a search from the search bar.

Is there a setting that I might configured incorrectly or maybe some forgotten template code changes that might cause this to happen?

An initial search for "shirts" would produce a results on a page without the search string like "domain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?" but after selecting a new pagination the string will appear like "domain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Search=shirt&ProductsPerP age=24"

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by delcorsets; 04-04-23, 05:26 AM.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

You can change the form method from POST to GET

Code:
    <form action="domain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?" method="GET">
        <input type="hidden" name="Screen" value="SRCH">
        <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="STORE_CODE">
        <input type="search" name="Search" value="&mvte:global:Search;" aria-label="Product Search">
        <button type="submit" aria-label="Perform Product Search">Search</button>
    </form>
    Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

delcorsets, once finished, remember to update your Analytics "Site search Tracking > Query parameter" (e.g.: Search, SRCH, q, etc.) so you can identify your user's search queries.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

SidFeyDesigns and William Davis Thanks for your replies! Things appear to be on the right track.. still testing on my dev site but will updating live site soon. Changing the form method from POST to GET worked to generate the search query string, and I'll be sure to update our Analytics so we can identify our shopper's search queries. Great suggestions.
        Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
        X