Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay to Add Password Requirements to Quick Add (ICSQ) Form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay to Add Password Requirements to Quick Add (ICSQ) Form?

Currently there are no password requirements for the Quick Add (ICSQ) Form when a customer wants to create an account.

Is there any security reasons that would make it not advisable to add the password requirements message code?

Currently, if a user does not meet the password requirements, they are taken to ACAD with an error message of "One or more required fields were not filled out correctly.". The password field is highlighted but there is nothing telling the user why the password was rejected.

I tested on the Shadows demo site and the same thing happens.

I just want to make sure that I'm not disrupting or breaking intended behavior that is in place for security reasons.

Thanks
    Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Sounds like a bug. as a feature request, the requirements should automatically be listed when creating an account.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce - PhosphorMedia I would agree.

As far as I can tell, only CPWD and CSTR currently display the password requirements.

Ended up using the code from those pages in the quick add form on LOGN and the full form on ACAD.
      Nick Harkins
      www.loveisarose.com
      *Web Developer
      *Miva
      *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

Working...
      X