Recaptcha v3 Problems, False Positives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recaptcha v3 Problems, False Positives?

I've received several messages from customers who are either unable to place orders or create accounts. I'm pretty sure that the problem has something to do with Recaptcha v3 as that is the only anti-fraud software running on our Account Creation screen.

I had the threshold set to 0.0 which I thought was supposed to let all transactions/account creations occur regardless of score during the initial "training period" for Google to collect data. I had a customer contact me and say "I'm attempting to create an account, but am only receiving a message "The requested action cannot be performed at this time." I've received it multiple times now, and am concerned as to what is wrong. I'm positive that I've filled out all of the fields correctly." The reason message I'm seeing in the Recaptcha v3 Rejections lists says "Empty reCAPTCHA response"

Is anyone else having problems with false positives using the new Recaptcha v3?
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
    I've received several messages from customers who are either unable to place orders or create accounts. I'm pretty sure that the problem has something to do with Recaptcha v3 as that is the only anti-fraud software running on our Account Creation screen.

I had the threshold set to 0.0 which I thought was supposed to let all transactions/account creations occur regardless of score during the initial "training period" for Google to collect data. I had a customer contact me and say "I'm attempting to create an account, but am only receiving a message "The requested action cannot be performed at this time." I've received it multiple times now, and am concerned as to what is wrong. I'm positive that I've filled out all of the fields correctly." The reason message I'm seeing in the Recaptcha v3 Rejections lists says "Empty reCAPTCHA response"

Is anyone else having problems with false positives using the new Recaptcha v3?
    Hello delcorsets,

Sounds like you're running into a bug our team discovered with reCAPTCHA v3 which causes those empty responses. It can be fixed by going to User Interface -> Global Settings -> HEAD Tag Content and making any change to the template and clicking Update. A change to the template must occur in order create a new version of the template and trigger a recompile of the template. You could add an HTML comment for example, click Update, and then remove the HTML comment and click Update to get back to the original state. This issue will be resolved retroactively with the 10.07.02 patch. Contact support if you run into any issues.

Warm Regards
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

rbuelna Thanks for the suggestion. I followed your instructions to update the Head Tag Content, but one of my sites is still getting rejections due to ""Empty reCAPTCHA response" and another site is getting a lot of rejections due to "eCAPTCHA response returned the following error code(s): timeout-or-duplicate"
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Psydde, I'd definitely contact support, something is wrong, beyond what I think what can be quickly remedied here in the forums.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X