Branch Preview Link Not Showing Future Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branch Preview Link Not Showing Future Discounts

I created a branch preview link with the date/time set in the future to display sale prices, but the link does not seem to activate the future date/time for recipient to see price discounts.

The format of the link is https://xxx.com/?BranchKey=xxxxx&Bra...ime=1700831086. Because there is a parameter for DateTime I assumed that the future date/time should be activated when a user clicks the link, but the branch opens set at the current time, not the date/time I had assigned when creating the preview link.

Bug, or intentional?

Edit:
    One follow up question.. Is the scheduled time for start and end of price group, banners, etc. determined by the time zone of local merchant, the server, or the shopper?

Thanks.
    Last edited by delcorsets; 11-23-23, 05:38 AM.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Just a follow up to see if anyone at Miva might have insight here.. are the preview links supposed to have the selected Date/Time attached so that link recipients can view the sale pricing?

Thanks!
    Psydde Delicious
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Something does not sound like it is working correctly here. You should be able to change the date/time forward to any date in the future and preview the site as if it was that date including any scheduled Page Builder components and price groups with a start/stop time.

https://docs.miva.com/miva10/referen...branch-preview

Can you send this in to TAC so we can look at your Price Group settings? Perhaps there is another price group excluding things from being activated for you.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Pysdde,

Here is an example branch preview link for my test store for December 19th, 2023. I have a price group set to be active on December 18th, 2023 and you will see those products discounted under the Hero Banner.

https://dts3757.mivamerchantdev.com/...ime=1703013866

Wayne Smith

Comment

Thanks for the reply with test link wsmith - I followed the link you provided but the sale pricing is not being displayed for me.

See attached screenshot.

This is essentially what I experienced when testing my BFCM promos with our team. The links worked for me locally, but when I sent them to the team, they were not seeing the "future version" of the store with the markdowns displayed, even though there seems be date/time parameters in the preview link.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 2.49.26 PM.png
          Psydde Delicious
          Philadelphia, PA
          www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

As a follow up.. I fiddled around with that link to your test store and discovered the sale prices will display if I manually adjust the date/time forward after following the preview link to your store. Then, subsequent visits using the same link will show the sale pricing without me having to adjust date/time settings again. That appears to be where the breakdown was for us.. the link worked for me, but not for the team so no one knew to do any manual changes to the branch preview settings.

Should that link be displaying the requested date/time by default without requiring link recipients to make adjustments?
            Psydde Delicious
            Philadelphia, PA
            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
            X