Framework export/import not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framework export/import not working

I am trying to transfer the framework of one Miva 10 store to another (the stores are on different subdomains). I followed the guides of the Miva 9 video series (https://docs.miva.com/videos/installing-a-framework and https://docs.miva.com/videos/saving-a-framework).

The saving of the framework seemed to work, although for some reason the version says 1.0, instead of what I believe should be 10.08.03 (during the save process that was the stated version).
    Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.08.05 PM.png

After using the FTP to extract the framework (save.pkg) and upload it to the new store, the upload process bar goes to 100%, then when I click the x for the upload popup, the save framework is not showing up (even after page refresh or in the FTP mm5/framework).

I am wondering if anyone knows what is going wrong here. Also for the framework upload there is "Upload - Overwrite" and "Upload - Skip", neither worked for me but what is the difference between them?

Any help is appreciated

Thank you,
    Dave

I think I have figured out the issue, which may be related to a separate bug on the miva admin panel. I noticed that when I try to update the UI on some pages, the update will not go through, and I believe this is because some pages don't verify with cloudflare first.

For example, if I login and immediately go to UI global settings and make a change, the update will sometimes not save. But then if I update a template in the UI section, cloudflare will verify my connection. Then I am now able to update global settings because cloudflare has already verified my connection or session.

I believe this also might apply to frameworks because after updating a UI template, the framework upload now works.

I still do not know the difference between framework Upload - Overwrite and Upload - Skip
    Last edited by davdg75; 03-07-24, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davdg75 View Post
      I think I have figured out the issue, which may be related to a separate bug on the miva admin panel. I noticed that when I try to update the UI on some pages, the update will not go through, and I believe this is because some pages don't verify with cloudflare first.

For example, if I login and immediately go to UI global settings and make a change, the update will sometimes not save. But then if I update a template in the UI section, cloudflare will verify my connection. Then I am now able to update global settings because cloudflare has already verified my connection or session.

I believe this also might apply to frameworks because after updating a UI template, the framework upload now works.

I still do not know the difference between framework Upload - Overwrite and Upload - Skip

Hi davdg75

Cloud Flare and any other CDN service should be set to exclude admin.mvc. There are a lot places in admin where running through the CDN will cause timeouts and other issues like you have mentioned.

Hope this helps
      -Eric

Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

Hi,

Do you already have a support ticket for this issue?
        If not, can you create one at support.miva.com and PM me the info?

Besides CloudFlare there may also be timeouts that need to be adjusted with nginx and apache.

Thanks,

Doug Steinig
        Manager, TAC / Miva, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X