Miva coupons and Sales taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva coupons and Sales taxes

After years of use, we are just noticing that in Miva, when an order uses a coupon and has sales tax applied, the sales tax is calculated based on the pre-discounted product price and not the updated price after the coupon is applied. Is there a feature that I am missing that allows sales tax to be calculated based on the end price with a coupon discount?
    Stephen Scheer
    Digital Visuals

What module are you using for Sales Tax? And how is the discount being done? Is it a Basket Discount or a Product Discount?
    Last edited by Rick Wilson; 03-08-24, 03:58 PM.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

we are using Taxify, and the problem happens with both Basket Discount and Product Discount
      Stephen Scheer
      Digital Visuals

Comment

I have new info from accounting, it looks like the tax issue is only not calculating on the Basket Discount (not the Product Discount), and the tax rate is still being set by Taxify
        Last edited by lickx; 03-21-24, 10:58 AM.
        Stephen Scheer
        Digital Visuals

Comment

ok, more information on the sales tax issue using a baske coupon, showing the attached image.

I have 2 items totaling 9.95 with a 50% basket coupon (TESTX) it is charging 7% ($0.69) sales tax on the $9.95 and not the 50% discount price of $4.95 which should be $0.35 sales tax)
          Attached Files
          Stephen Scheer
          Digital Visuals

Comment

Sorry about bothering the community again, just trying to get a good answer. If I am using a basket coupon at checkout, will the sales tax always be based on the pre-discounted price?
            Stephen Scheer
            Digital Visuals

Comment

Working...
            X