Removing EmporiumPlus modules

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lesliekirk
    Super Moderator











    • Aug 2008
    • 9312

    #1

    Removing EmporiumPlus modules

    Knowing that there are still a few stores relying on the EmporiumPlus modules (but might be trying to get them removed or replaced), I ask this question: What EP modules rely on the CIM Activity Log?
    Leslie Kirk
    Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Merchant Specialist since 1997
    Previously of Webs Your Way
    (aka Leslie Nord leslienord)

    Email me: [email protected]
    www.lesliekirk.com

    Follow me: X | Facebook | Pinterest
  • ILoveHostasaurus
    Mega Mivite










    • Mar 2006
    • 5000

    #2
    Every Emporium Plus module should be removed, so which do or don't require another Emporium Plus module should not be the question at this point. This is code written for version 5 or earlier.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

    Comment

    • lesliekirk
      Super Moderator











      • Aug 2008
      • 9312

      #3
      Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
      Every Emporium Plus module should be removed, so which do or don't require another Emporium Plus module should not be the question at this point. This is code written for version 5 or earlier.
      ILoveHostasaurus - David, I know this, but there are EP modules that some stores rely on, and there is no replacement either from Miva or a 3rd party. Perhaps a list of "needed" modules should be put together? Maybe 3rd party developers don't know what is needed?
      Leslie Kirk
      Miva Certified Developer
      Miva Merchant Specialist since 1997
      Previously of Webs Your Way
      (aka Leslie Nord leslienord)

      Email me: [email protected]
      www.lesliekirk.com

      Follow me: X | Facebook | Pinterest

      Comment

      • ILoveHostasaurus
        Mega Mivite










        • Mar 2006
        • 5000

        #4
        I'm not aware of any outstanding needs related to those modules. If there is something you believe cannot be accomplished in Miva without the use of one of those modules, I'm happy to submit it as a feature request for consideration in the product roadmap. The only advice appropriate for a store using one of those modules is "You should remove these modules immediately", regardless of whether a feature is still in use. Those modules create countless issues, they have no place in a modern store, they'll all ultimately become incompatible, and any argument about time/money/effort to replace them doesn't hold 10+ years later.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

        Comment

        • lesliekirk
          Super Moderator











          • Aug 2008
          • 9312

          #5
          If I were sleeping in class when someone created a method for the External Product Purchase module, my apologies, please send the details my way.

          I think I might know how to handle the Business to Business Sales Tax Exemption module (I think that finally got baked in).

          Are there Size Pricing and Dimension Pricing abilities? Some fabric stores use this.

          I have asked repeatedly for required Custom Fields, along with Custom Fields having the ability to charge a fee. I will admit I am not sure if the Product Charges and Fees would apply, as some additional fees may not be product-related.

          Probably a couple of Master classes on replacing the Toolkit coding. I'm still seeing it recently being used I know people will suggest using AI to rebuild the code (and yes, Rick has given me some suggestions) - maybe hopefully it's getting better at spitting out Miva template code (at least I was able to see that what it had done for me was not usable template code) until I made changes to some of the most basic things that it should have learned by now (I mean good grief, if I could spot the errors and fix them...)

          Again, I really understand the urgent need to get all this stuff removed. Do you have any way to identify sites using the obsolete stuff? Maybe a "We need to talk" email to them. Find out why they are still using the modules; maybe they don't know about the new options.*

          I do hope that some of the older stores that need to get rid of it will take note, and we can get this done. I know you are out there...


          ps * Some of the new options (like the changes to the PROD, CTGY, PLST, and SRCH pages only using PageBuilder) don't work for everyone. That's another rant for another thread.
          Leslie Kirk
          Miva Certified Developer
          Miva Merchant Specialist since 1997
          Previously of Webs Your Way
          (aka Leslie Nord leslienord)

          Email me: [email protected]
          www.lesliekirk.com

          Follow me: X | Facebook | Pinterest

          Comment

          Working...
          X