Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat File Attribute Template Code

Hi all,
    I can't seem to get the Attribute Template Code (item # 12 in the flat file) to work. I have created a flat file with store stock items. I have created the attribute template. But, when I import the flat file with an Attribute Template Code assigned to the product it does not show up. I have looked and read many posts and this seems to be a big problem. If the Attribute Template Code is in the flat file, then why does this not work??? Using
    MM: v4.21 / MVM: v4.1400

Help!!!!

DArrell

Re: Flat File Attribute Template Code

Darrell,

Did you select the radio button to update existing products?

I'm not aware of any issues with Attribute Template Codes when importing via a flat file. I just updated 7 products with an Attribute Template Code without a problem on my test 4.21 store.

7 products, 0 created, 0 replaced, 7 updated, 0 skipped

Thank you,

Wayne
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Hi Wayne,
      yes I have tried update and replace.

Darrell

Comment

Darrell,

Update existing products should have done the trick. Try updating one product with just the Prdouct Code, Product Name and Attribute Template Code within the flat file.

Wayne
        Wayne Smith

Comment

Hi Wayne,
          do you mean create a flat file with just one item with the changes? If so I just tried that and it did not work either. Could you email me a sample of your flat file so I can see if there are any differences? [email protected]

Darrell

Comment

Hi Wayne,
            thanks for the sample. I tried it just like you have it. No change in the product template code. What else could this be? It seems to me that I am doing all this the right way, without the right results.

Thanks Darrell

Comment

So that's it?? I get a couple of suggestions that do not work, end of help???

Comment

Darrell,

I thought I sent you a private message asking for access to the store and a copy of the flat file but I could be wrong. Something must be wrong with the format of your file. I had no problem adding an existing attribute template to products within my 4.21 store. I would suggest making sure the text file is tab delimited and you choose to update existing products. If you continue to have issues, contact our support team for further assistance. Support can be reached at 866-284-9812 or via email at [email protected].

Wayne
                Wayne Smith

Comment

Working...
                X