Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discount all items and use strike-through on retail price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount all items and use strike-through on retail price?

Hi,

I've seen several posts and am trying to implement this.

I thought one of Weiland's modules would work but he pointed me to templates and open OUI, which I have.

The main module that might do this is the Vicking's Volume Pricing starting with one item and then implementing one the following codes?

(a couple of these use the Price Group function but I can't see how to get all customers landing to join a price group right away - although I saw an example of clicking through a link).

This is what I've been experimenting with:

<P>

Price: <B>%prodpriceF%</B><BR>

<P>

%begin_pricegroup%
    Regular Price: <strike>%prodprice%</strike>
    <br>
    %end_pricegroup%
    <b>Your Price:</b>
    <font color="red"><b>%prodpriceF%</b></font>

<P>

%begin_pricediscount%
    Retail price: %prodpriceUF%
    %end_pricediscount%
    Regular price: %prodpriceF%
    <br>

<!--
    $%var|(Options.d.price + Products.d.price) * .8|%
    -->

When they add to basket it should be the discounted price (like 15%).

Also, I changed one and the entire coding appeared - why might that happen?

I'm a little late on this, but coupons don't seem to be working this season so I thought I would implement this.

Still using Miva 4 although might upgrade to 5 - would have to do it myself as Pair.com doesn't support it. (would be open to ideas on how to do this as well!)

Thanks,

Andree

Re: Discount all items and use strike-through on retail price?

Originally posted by andree View Post
    Still using Miva 4 although might upgrade to 5 - would have to do it myself as Pair.com doesn't support it. (would be open to ideas on how to do this as well!)
    Not sure about the previous problem, but the upgrade issue is dead simple--at least getting started--simply change hosts. (Pick one of the ones who post here.)
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Also, I changed one and the entire coding appeared - why might that happen?
      Did you make sure that the first characters in that field are:

%OUI%

That has to be THE VERY FIRST PART of any field where you are using OUI tokens.

and note that the OUi has to be UPPERCASE; using %oui% won't work.

Not sure about the previous problem, but the upgrade issue is dead simple--at least getting started--simply change hosts. (Pick one of the ones who post here.)
      Bruce is a wise man. Listen to him well. Having a good host makes all the difference in the world.
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks - I know I could change, but I have so much going on (subhosting, procmail, Wordpress, Miva)...

I might change - but right now, how to I get a discount on everything? Which module? Something from Viking? Maybe I don't need a module and can use price groups?

Also, I don't want to put the price in the cost field...just have a global discount...

Here is an example page with the tests applied and how they show up on my page:

http://www.shopviewit.com/Merchant2/...Category_Code=

On another store's page:

http://www.latitudeexplorer.com/prod...RT-COLORS.html

(design aside, looking at functionality, how do I get that global discount field please?)

Thank you!

Andree

Comment

Thanks Mark - even though most of the code was working, it was missing %OUI% at the top. Now the numbers show up, but I still don't have a discount.

I have the category and page templates set up...but do I need another module? Quite willing to buy one that will work!

Comment

Unfotunately, I have never worked with Price Groups, so I don't know of a way to do it that way.

I use the cost field for the MSRP (which I believe you DON'T want to do).

Then I use the OUI cost discount token:

%begin_costdiscount%
            Normal Price: %prodcost%
            <br>
            %end_costdiscount%
            <b>Your Price:</b> <font color="red"><b>%prodpriceF%</b></font>

the cost discount token is a conditional, so if the cost field is MORE than the price field then it will display the:

Normal Price: %prodcost%

but if it isn't, then it won't display it.
            Mark Romero
            ~~~~~~~~

Comment

A few thoughts:

1) Do you have Viking's Afflilate module? I think it has a discounting function.

2) You might want to see if Jeff from NERDBOY still has the code for the CrossTownTraffic (long gone developer) modules he took over. I'm still using a couple of them in my 4.18 store and one can show discounted pricing based on Price Groups. Another uses the built-in affiliate function to turn on discounts. You can see it at www.preparesmart.com. Click on the CERT button/link on the right and then go to an item page. You should immediately see the discount prices.

3) Step up to 5.5 and get to know the Tool Kit. BTW, I use different hosts for MIVA and our hosted exchange and there is no problem.
              Keith Oratz
              PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
              www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Thanks Mark - for various reasons I don't really want to do that.

Thanks Keith - I checked out your site and link system yesterday based on price groups. Maybe I should check out one of those modules.

...seems like it would get spendy to use more than one host?

Comment

1) Do you have Viking's Afflilate module? I think it has a discounting function.
                  Yes it does, but...

1) It doesn't SHOW the discounted price until it gets to Step 3 of the CHECKOUT pages (select payment type and shipping). Until that point, customers will see only the regular prices, and won't see any discount.

2) support for this module is, unfortunately, suspect at best. Viking Coders sold the rights to the module recently, so the new owners need to get up to sped on how it works. I am not sure they will be spending much time supporting Merchant 4 modules, since official support for Merchant 4 will be ending from Miva next year.

But even for about a year before the sale of the company's assets, VC's support had been suffering.
                  Mark Romero
                  ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oh boy...

Comment

Off the top of my head, if you don't want to use the cost field for the higher price, then you will probably have to create a custom field for each product you want a strikethrough, and then come up with the tokens for that custom field, and then figure out the right statements to see if that higher cost field has a value, and then do the math functions to show the strike through.

It is much easier to do this in Merchant 5 than in Merchant 4 though, and I can't even remember how to do those math functions, so I would be of little help, sorry to say.

maybe somebody still knows. Probably Bruce from Phosphor Media or Leslie, who is a moderator on these forums.
                      Mark Romero
                      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X