Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Remove "Quotation marks" after Keyword Upload???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Remove "Quotation marks" after Keyword Upload???

Hello - I've imported keywords using a tab file and all has uploaded well except I notice quotation marks at the beginning and at the end of my keywords. The quotation marks do not show on the excel worksheet - only in Miva Meta Tags.

Is it OK to leave the quotation marks in the Met Tags section of each product??? Pls. help.

Re: How To Remove "Quotation marks" after Keyword Upload???

Is it OK to leave the quotation marks in the Met Tags section of each product??? Pls. help.
    It is better not to have them, if possible.

Excel will unfortunately add quotation marks automatically, and there is no easy way to get rid of them.

What I suggest is to open the file in a text editor (you can use notepad or word pad, but I suggest the free notepad++) and then do a global search for quotation marks and just replace them with nothing.

then save that file and re-upload it (don't open it again in excel or it will re-insert all the quotation marks that you just removed).

Hope this helps.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

HI Mark - thank you for your quick response. I did a test run on Notepad and was able to remove quotation marks however when I try and save the Notepad as a .txt file (as previously named) it's telling me "cannot create the ________.txt file. Check path and name. Shold I have a different format or extension???

Comment

Huh...

Try the Save As function under a slightly different name and see if that helps.

But it should be fine to save it as a .txt file.

The other thing to try is to open the file in Excel, and then open a NEW blank TEXT file, and then COPY AND PASTE the data from the two columns FROM the Excel file INTO your text file.

(in your excel file you would want to have only the product code and keywords columns, or at least move them adjacent to one another so you can easily select and copy only those two columns).

That should prevent the quotation marks from getting copied over.

Hope this helps.
        Mark Romero
        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

It worked - thank you! I copied and pasted from Excel into notepad. I did have to slightly rename the file and it took it. It would not accept the same name as the xcel file.

Thank you for your help!!
          Ceci

Comment

You are welcome, Ceci.

If you are on a Windows computer, you should go to http://notepad-plus-plus.org/release/5.8.5 and download the free program Notepad++

It will help you in the future because you can show a lot of "invisible" characters. So if sometime some strange character shows up in your descriptions, and you don't know what it is, you can find them pretty easily in Notepad++
            Mark Romero
            ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X