Usps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usps

Well, thank you post office, for ruining our business!!

Anyone have suggestions on how to overcome the problems with the USPS rate calculations in VCS USPS Advanced until the software programmers have time to catch up? I've tried switching from USPS Advanced to Miva USPS but I don't know the password :-( . . . trying to figure out how to go to free shipping or something for a couple of days. easily 99.9% of our orders ship USPS because they don't weight a lot.

Re: Usps

viking coders said they fixed the miva ver 5 module so if you're running 5 that should take care of you. unfortunately we're still waiting for a ver 4 fix.
    Skiboardsonline.com - Running on Miva since Koolcat (August 1998)

Comment

waiting on version 4 fix myself . . . thx

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
        viking coders said they fixed the miva ver 5 module so if you're running 5 that should take care of you. unfortunately we're still waiting for a ver 4 fix.
        I use the basic module for shipping in version 5 and it has not been working. Any help would be appreciated.
        Thanks
        pat

Comment

Pat,

Is your store fully up to date? Our standard module for USPS is returning rates with a fully up to date store. Contact our support team if you continue to run into issues or have additional questions.

Support can be reached at 866-284-8912 between 7am - 7pm or via email at [email protected].

Thank you,

Wayne
          Wayne Smith

Comment

Wayne,

Yes, my store is fully up to date as of about 1:30 PM today. I contacted the support desk and they could not help me unless I had a support contract.

Any ideas on what I can try?

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Pat R View Post
              Wayne,

Yes, my store is fully up to date as of about 1:30 PM today. I contacted the support desk and they could not help me unless I had a support contract.

Any ideas on what I can try?

Pat
              What is not working about it? Are you getting any rates at all?
              Jim McCormick
              Miva Merchant Support
              866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
                What is not working about it? Are you getting any rates at all?

no none.

When you try to place an order you get:

unable to calculate shipping costs
                "No valid shipping methods are available for your order. You will be contacted regarding shipping when your order is processed. "

Comment

no none.

When you try to place an order you get:

unable to calculate shipping costs
                  "No valid shipping methods are available for your order. You will be contacted regarding shipping when your order is processed. "
                  Your account is either not active with USPS or your products don't have weight. This is not an issue with the module.
                  Jim McCormick
                  Miva Merchant Support
                  866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
                    Your account is either not active with USPS or your products don't have weight. This is not an issue with the module.
                    that is what the help desk said. But every item does have weight (double and triple checked) and I have no reason to believe an account that was acitve on Friday was turned off by the post office??? Well now that is an idea. During the change over would I have needed to go get a new ID?

Pat

Comment

During the change over would I have needed to go get a new ID?

Pat
                      What change over? Were you using the Viking Coders module before Friday?
                      Jim McCormick
                      Miva Merchant Support
                      866-284-9812

Comment

Heck, I don't even know what the Viking module is. On Friday everything was working fine. (We use the USPS basic module for our shipping) When I came in on Monday it was not working. The only thing I can think of that would have any impact is the post office rate change that went into affct over the weekend.

Comment

The only thing I can think of that would have any impact is the post office rate change that went into affct over the weekend.
                          If that would be the case then every merchant using our USPS module would not be able to get rates. You should check with USPS about your account.
                          Jim McCormick
                          Miva Merchant Support
                          866-284-9812

Comment

It's a USPS problem. My 4.23 store lost USPS shipping at the beginning of the year as well.

However, I noticed there is a 03Jan2011 USPS patch on the Miva Merchant site, but you have to call to obtain it.
                            Last edited by base428; 01-17-11, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by base428 View Post
                              It's a USPS problem. My 4.23 store lost USPS shipping at the beginning of the year as well.
                              What version of the USPS module are you using? The latest for v4, v4.2407, is working.

To find your version expand Modules and then click on the 'U.S.P.S. Online Rate Calculation (Domestic & International)' module.

If you do not have v4.2407 please email [email protected] and include your domain license so we can validate that you're eligible to get updates. Click on Domain Settings to find your license.
                              Jim McCormick
                              Miva Merchant Support
                              866-284-9812

Comment

Working...
                              X