Usps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usps

I'm using USPS v4.2406, but 4.2407 was just released less than two weeks ago. I was wondering why my customers only wanted FedEx deliveries.....

I'll email support and get the latest module, thanks.
    Last edited by base428; 01-17-11, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by base428 View Post
      I'm using USPS v4.2406, but 4.2407 was just released less than two weeks ago.
      No, it was created in Feb. 2010.
      Last edited by Jim McCormick; 01-17-11, 07:46 AM.
      Jim McCormick
      Miva Merchant Support
      866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

It says 03Jan2011 here:
        https://support.mivamerchant.com/sup...id=75&nav=0,12

Thanks.

Comment

That's the date that the KB article was created. Not the creation date of the module.
          Jim McCormick
          Miva Merchant Support
          866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Have been having the same issue and I think I just found the problem.

I'm using USPS Advanced from (Viking Coders) and it sounds like you might be also (?)

Anyway, from Miva admin go to Shipping Configuration,

Click on USPS Advanced at the top and scroll down all the way to the bottom.

Check the "Advanced Options" and update...it reloads...

Go ALL the way to the bottom again and check the "Check for changed names" and also on the Please Read right below to read this and then click update again:
            ************************************************** *************************
            USPS is in the unfortunate habit of changing the names they use for their various shipping methods. When they do this it breaks the module's ability to recognize those methods and offer them to your customers. If you are finding that some method is not showing up during checkout, and should be, you can use this option to retrieve a listing of the current USPS method names and correct any changes the USPS has made to the names. The module will list all methods currently recognized by the module and whose name is not found in the rates returned by USPS. Similarly, only those names returned by USPS which are not currently recognized by the module will be listed. Keep in mind that some of the methods listed as recognized by USPS are not currently offered by the module as a valid shipping method (e.g. USPS GXG Envelopes).
            They changed the names of ALL of their shipping methods to some really weird algorithm name and it no longer recognizes “Express Mail”, "Priority Mail" and our other international service level names for what they are.

Once updated again, scroll back down to see every service level and a drop down next to each with a bunch of new names.
            Pick the most obvious one for each of the USPS service levels that you are offering.

Update, update

Basically the new name for Express Mail is now “ExpressMail<sup>®</sup>”.

Same for all the other services we offer, some weird "&&" name instead of just "Priority Mail" and "Priority Mail International" by themselves.

Leave it to the postal service to mess with something that wasn't broken!

My USPS options all came right back as they were configured.

Good luck. Hope its the same for you.

Comment

Working...
            X