Problems with updated Miva USPS and UPS modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with updated Miva USPS and UPS modules

After the USPS rate changes over the weekend I deactivated an old Viking module that stopped working (USPS International Shipping,) which had reached EOL.

I now have the Miva stock USPS Shipping (Domestic and International) module updated to 4.2407 and running.

In it's preferences I have only selected Global Priority and Global Express checkboxes as all of our domestic orders should be forced to ship via UPS. Even though it is not checked, the option "USPS First-Class Mail" appears as a choice for every domestic order. I've had some customers select it and be given a charge of $0 even though there are weights assigned to every item in their cart.

The updated Miva UPS module is also behaving strangely... the "Additional Charge" checkbox for "Verbal Confirmation of Delivery ($5)" is checked by default and cannot be unchecked.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Re: Problems with updated Miva USPS and UPS modules

Interesting thing I've discovered... it appears that Miva's USPS Shipping module Requires you to have at least one domestic shipping method. If you have no domestic options checked at all "First-Class Mail" still appears as a choice anyway. I've been able to get rid of the First Class Mail choice by activating "Priority Mail" as an option.
    Psydde Delicious
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

I've been able to confirm the USPS issue with First Class Mail as a bug. What version of the UPS module do you have? The latest version, 5.04, has been out for a long time and I have never seen that problem.
      Jim McCormick
      Miva Merchant Support
      866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

I'm running 5.04 of Miva UPS mod... the last thing I did was to update my tables.
        Last edited by delcorsets; 01-06-11, 10:55 AM.
        Psydde Delicious
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Does your store database files pack? Are you sure the charge is $5? In my store using v5.04 mine is $3.

Verbal Confirmation of Delivery ($3.00)
          Jim McCormick
          Miva Merchant Support
          866-284-9812

Comment

Hmmm... Yes, my last pack was today. I even just re-uploaded the UPS mod and updated to make sure it was the most recent. I"m still showing Verbal Confirmation of Delivery ($5)
            Psydde Delicious
            Philadelphia, PA
            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

As a follow up.. I have been packing through the "Open Maintenance" link towards the top of the admin menu. I just tried to use the "Pack Data Files" under Utilities towards the bottom of the screen and got an "Application timed out"
              Psydde Delicious
              Philadelphia, PA
              www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Jim, I just tried packing the data files again and got this message...

Application timed outRuntime error in Merchant2/4.22/modules/shipping/ups.mvc @ [0000000c:00000000]: Line 388: MvPACK: Application timed out
                It definitely seems as though something is up... do you know how to resolve this?

Thanks for any help..
                Psydde Delicious
                Philadelphia, PA
                www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Regarding the data files, I had two clients with v.4 that had this problem. What happened is they were on a host that sold out to another company, and that new company no longer supported Miva. Everything went bad from there.

The way we resolved this was to move to a host that supports Miva and upgrade to the v.5....since then, not one problem in any area for either client. Sounds like a lot of work to upgrade, but it is not...the new hosts handled the moves efficiently and fast and everything worked when they were done. After that, I just did a little updating to take advantage of CSS and other things Miva v.5 offers. Piece of cake!
                  Jamie Donaldson
                  JSDVS Web Design / Development
                  Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
                    Jim, I just tried packing the data files again and got this message...

It definitely seems as though something is up... do you know how to resolve this?

Thanks for any help..
                    The pack just timed out. You should be able to try again, it will pick up where it left off and eventually pack.
                    Jim McCormick
                    Miva Merchant Support
                    866-284-9812

Comment

Working...
                    X