Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 4 and Freeway 5 (mac) Compatibility

Hi,
    My business is currently using MM4. We are considering redesigning the website using Mac based web design software Freeway Pro 5.5. What are the (in)compatibility issues? (Question in advance:) How does upgrading to MM5 effect the (in)compatibility?
    Thanks,
    William

Re: Miva Merchant 4 and Freeway 5 (mac) Compatibility

"Designing" a site with Merchant involves entering text in administrative text boxes. This text is generally just plain text with html markup and propriety 'macro-coding' langauge. So, no outside design tool is either necessary nor unusable, however, you are not going to be able to 'design' directly within any editor.

This is basically true for MM4 and MM5...but if you are going to change the appearance of your MM4 site, you'll same money and time overall by moving to MM5. MM5 has more built in features, and is easily 10 times easier to work with.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Re: Miva Merchant 4 and Freeway 5 (mac) Compatibility

...but if you are going to change the appearance of your MM4 site, you'll same money and time overall by moving to MM5. MM5 has more built in features, and is easily 10 times easier to work with.
      I completely agree with this. Also, MM5 is faster, and development is faster, too.

However, to get the fullest benefit from MM5, you will either need to have a decent grasp of CSS, or you will need a developer who is familiar with it to help you. I am good at neither, unfortunately.
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X