Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy One/Add One Code

Hi Everyone - Happy 2012,
    We're using outside HTML pages for our website.
    Need to find the "Add 1 To Basket" Code where the product is added to the basket and the customer stays on the product page.

Currently using the "Buy 1" code that adds the product and takes the customer right to the basket.
    <A HREF="http://www.vitelectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=BASK&Store_Code=vit&Action=ADP R&Product_Code=PP18&Attributes=Yes&Quantity=1">
    Tries to modify the "Screen" command but that goes to a blank basket page no matter what we do with it.
    Does anybody have that old code for the Add feature ?

Thanks for any help.
    Mike Tralies
    VIT Electronics

Re: Buy One/Add One Code

There's a space between Action=ADP and R&Product_Code in your link. So if you close that space, and click that link, the product PP18 will be placed in the basket on the basket page. For the button to allow the customer to stay on the product page, just insert PROD where it states BASK:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="Screen" value="BASK">

Hope this helps,

Jamie
    Last edited by jsdva; 01-10-12, 12:05 PM. Reason: code
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Thanks Jamie,

Tried the PROD in place of the BASK
      That takes the customer to a Basket Contents page instead of the Checkout page.
      Going in the right direction - would still prefer the customer to stay right where he's at until ready to checkout.
      What are the other codes you included - should they be in the mix ?

<input type="hidden" name="Screen" value="BASK"

Mike Tralies
      VIT Electronics

Comment

Okay, let's try this again. The link you have in your first post is the one that goes to the basket with one PP18 placed in the basket...it works fine so long as you close the space I mention in my first reply to you.

Now, if I go to product PP18 in your store, I can click the add to basket button and it stays on the PROD page for PP18 already, so that is fine too.

On each of your products, you'll find a link button at the top right of the product's screen. Those will be your other options to link from static page to a Miva page.

Otherwise, you can get a link through your browser's address bar as you navigate your store. Be careful, though, not to get any session ids in your links.

Hope this helps,

Jamie
        Jamie Donaldson
        JSDVS Web Design / Development
        Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Working...
        X