Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order Processing Question: (Thanks in advance for looking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Processing Question: (Thanks in advance for looking)

Hi there, Everyone:

I have just started using the Order Processing function built into Miva Merchant, and had a question that hopefully you can answer.

I am only authorizing credit cards (not settling) though my payment gateway (LYNK, NOT to be confused with linkpoint).

If I get an order, and then need to adjust the total cost of the order (usually lower if an item is out of stock), can I adjust it in the Process Orders - > Edit Order - > Order Information - > Total: field?

meaning that if I edit in that field, and then mark the order for Process, will it tell my gateway to only settle the charge for the new (reduced) amount?

Or will I have to go into my gateway's web admin and adjust the total cost through there?

I am using the LYNK payment module (LYNK is now owned by Royal bank of Scotland, so they are usually called RBS LYNK or something).

Also, what if the customer emails me and says they want to ADD Something, can I likewise just change the Total in the Process Orders tab and will it settle the credit card charge for MORE than what was originally authorized?

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Order Processing Question: (Thanks in advance for looking)

No it won't do that. We will support those features in our fall release known as "Wombat" but not for the LYNK gateway.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

No it won't do that. We will support those features in our fall release known as "Wombat" but not for the LYNK gateway.
      hi there, Rick;

Am I correct in interpreting your statement that Wombat will be a new release of Merchant 4.X Compiled?

Or are you referring to a new release of Merchant 5.X / 6.X ???
      Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 04-01-09, 02:20 PM.
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Wombat is the next release of 5.5 (there are no plans for a 6.x).

There will be a PA-DSS compliant version called 4.25 later this year.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

There will be a PA-DSS compliant version called 4.25 later this year.
          I don't know exactly what that means, but anything that is "compliant" is probably a good thing, I am guessing.

Mark
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mark,

I've read through this thread... Have you considered EmporiumPlus's Customer/Order Manager? I've been using that for years and it's great for these kind of things.

I setup email templates for partial credits, full credits, returns, just about anything you can think of. It's great. One thing though, I sell all digital products, but it will even tie in to inventory I believe.

Check it out, it's worth it's weight in gold - here's the link:
            http://www.emporiumplus.com/go/wcw/PROD/1AAE/1AA00055

Good luck, post up here if it works for you, I'm curious.. btw - it will take some time to learn/setup, and write the email templates, but it's worth it.
            -Brett

Comment

Hi there, Brett:

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually use the order manager by Viking Coders, since I found the admin interface to be much more intuitive than the Customer Order Manager (which I do own as well) by empoirum plus.

But specifically I was looking for an easier way to settle credit card charges that were authorized, using the miva merchant admin, instead of having to go to the web site of my credit card gateway and doing it that way.

I am pretty sure that the customer order manager DOESN'T have a provision for settling credit card authorizations.

And because of the limitations of the LYNK payment module used in Miva Merchant 4, I can't do it by going into the default Merchant process orders function.
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Is LYNK still supported by Miva Merchant or is there a module to work with RBS (Royal Bank or Scotland).

Gary..
                Premiere Hosting Partner Since 1999

Comment

No, LYNK is not supported and is not PA-DSS Compliant if you use the old module.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X