Store Front changes in OpenUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Store Front changes in OpenUI

The store I am trying to modify uses OpenUI. I am trying to modify the Store Front page. I can find a link to it on the Edit Store page. I cannot find where to make changes to it in Miva v4.24. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Re: Store Front changes in OpenUI

I believe you can click on the name of your store in ADMIN and go to EDIT STORE page as you say.

Then go to Hdr/Ftr - Store Screens. The first screen you can edit should be Store Front Welcome: [Screen=SFNT]. You should be able to put HTML code in here to edit the information showing on your Store Front.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I can go there but there is no code in there to edit. The drop down fields all seem to be blank.
      In the top corner is a link to the page I want to edit:
      http://craigcameron.com/Merchant2/me...&Store_Code=CC

Any ideas?

Comment

Fellow Texan here . . .

In the window to the right of Store Front Welcome: [Screen=SFNT] you can paste HTML code for the contents you want to appear in the center of your Store Front Page (between the left and right columns).

If you type something into the currently blank field and do an update you should see what you typed appear on the Store Front page. So if you use your HTML editor, Dreamweaver, or whatever to create the content you want there, you can simply paste it into the blank field and it should show up on your Store Front page.

For some reason (escapes me now, has been too long!) I started the code with a closed blockquote
        </blockquote>
        tag and ENDED it with an open blockquote
        <blockquote>
        tag. Again, I don't remember why, but I am sure there was a reason for it . . .

Hope this helps..

P.S. Looks like you have somehow entered your background image into the storefront area - you will want to remove that

Comment

I want to edit what is in the left & right columns, not what is in the center.

Comment

IIRC, miva 4.X automatically inserts blockquotes at certain portions. To keep the layout right, you have to either close them or comment them out.
            Roger Romer
            http://www.vixenhill.com

Comment

The left and right columns are driven by store => hdr/ftr global => left columns and right columns. These will be the same on all pages. There is a way to prevent them from showing on some pages (I don't remember off the top of my head how to do this, but perhaps someone else can chime in on this.) I believe you need to put some variation of the following code at the top of your left column and right column under store=> hdr/ftr global => left and right columns

%OUI%
              %IF(NOT (g.Screen EQ 'OINF' OR g.Screen EQ 'OSEL' OR g.Screen EQ 'BASK' OR g.Screen EQ 'OUSL' OR g.Screen EQ 'OPAY' OR g.Screen EQ 'INVC'))%
              The above code makes my right column not show on the checkout pages - you will need to make it not show for the storefront page.

Once you find out how to make the left column and right column not to show on the Storefront page, you can probably create all the information you want on the storefront page in HTML with right and left columns and center information and paste the appropriate HTML on the Storefront page as described above.

Some variation of this should work for you.

Comment

Working...
              X