Accurate shipping calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accurate shipping calculations

I need someone to fix internationl shipping in my 4.24 store - we are moving to a 5.5 store in 90 days or so but I don't want to wait any longer.

We sell items from less than a pound to more than 1000 pounds.

We have all the necesary mods and they are current.

Anyone out there a Miva shipping expert?

Thanx
    Mitch Rezman
    General Manager
    Windy City Parrot, Inc.
    906 N Western Ave
    Chicago, Illinois 60622
    Website - Blog
    Twitter - Facebook

Youtube - LinkedIn

Re: Accurate shipping calculations

What shipping modules are you using, and what exactly seems to be the problem???
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
      I need someone to fix internationl shipping in my 4.24 store - we are moving to a 5.5 store in 90 days or so but I don't want to wait any longer.

We sell items from less than a pound to more than 1000 pounds.

We have all the necesary mods and they are current.

Anyone out there a Miva shipping expert?

Thanx
      You need to define Accurate. Even if you use FedEx/UPS online tools, the exact shipping cost will never be as accurate as if you took the packaged shipment, set it on the scale, and enter the addresses...too many areas for error (esp. Shipping weight, which is an estimate). What you should be looking for is a consistant variance. For example, 90% of all packages are within 2% of the correct postage...you can then choose to offset ALL charges by that percentage. Same is true for any mail order business. This also holds true for inventory control. It can never be 100%--and no business comes close (Wal-mart might, but then spend millions on inventory tracking.)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I would be happy with 10 - 25% off - IF - a calculation is made which is rare, it's from 50% to 200% wrong - I can live with 15%. I need to know how to tell Miva when to offer USPS and or FedEx.

I have defined multiple package dims in FedEx Advance and that does not make a difference.

If the dims are in place, why can't Fedex.com calculate? I have opened multiple tickets with FedEx and according to their interpretation of the logs, FedEx.com is retutning the information but Miva is unable to present it to the end user.

Let me re-state - I am looking for someone to fix the problem - I do not care what Wal mart spends as that has no relationship to what we do.

I want someone with credentials (known by Rick Fisher at Wolfpaw and/or Rick Wilson at Miva) to go into admin look at the store and products and come up with a plan to fix this issue. I am willing to pay a one hour retainer for analysis.

Coupon Discount And Free Shipping USPS International Shipping USPS Domestic Shipping FedEx® Advanced CBS - Shipping SuperMod™ U.S.P.S. Online Rate Calculation (Domestic & International) (Deactivated) Flat Rate Shipping
        Mitch Rezman
        General Manager
        Windy City Parrot, Inc.
        906 N Western Ave
        Chicago, Illinois 60622
        Website - Blog
        Twitter - Facebook

Youtube - LinkedIn

Comment

I had my first international order last evening (Australia) and the shipping module didn't even bother to calculate anything (am using Miva 4.24). The info on the invoice was "shipping to be determined later". I am using both FEDEX and USPS as my shipping choices. Have I not updated something or is there something more serious wrong? Other than this instance, the shipping had been calculating perfectly as I am getting the exact same amount from the USPS website when I go online and process an electronic label. I went ahead and emailed the customer letting them know the amount of International Express Mail shipping would be $34.73 and I would be charging that amount to their charge card. What fix do I need to make?

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
          , owner
          Miss Kate's Creations
          [email protected]
          www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

I found part of my problem. I hadn't upgraded the module with the late 2008 upgrade. At least my wording is consistent with USPS now. I just put a test sale through on the same one as last evening and the international shipping appears to be working now. How come emails aren't sent out when patches need to be installed in our stores? I do this all myself so I should be getting these notices.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
            , owner
            Miss Kate's Creations
            [email protected]
            www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Working...
            X