Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Prefix & Allowable Length

Greetings Everyone!

My 4.24 store uses simple validation and currently accepts Visa & MasterCard. No gateway, we process manually.

My configuration shows the ALLOWABLE LENGTH for VISA to be 13 & 16. I'd like to know why 13? Anyone?

Also, I want to add Discover, the prefix is 6 and the ALLOWABLE LENGTH is 16. Correct?

Thank you
    Paul

Re: Credit Card Prefix & Allowable Length

Very old Visa cards only had 13. I'm not sure how many are still in use, but they did exist at one point.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I'm trying to add our Gift Card into the Credit Card, what does the Prefix mean? Is that the first Digit of the card?

Comment

Yes, exactly.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

I didnt noticed I posted under the 4.0 or older.. I'm actually using Wombat and for some reason the check out keeps telling me the number is filled out wrong. Currently we do not process the cards online. The prefix is was set at 8, the first number on the cards, but that didnt work. So I put the first 4 numbers as the prefix. That doesnt seem to work either. Is there something special I have to set? The first 4 digits of every card are 8700 and it's a 16 digit code..

Comment

void that.. I was able to get it to work with one of the unprocessed card numbers.

Comment

Working...
            X