Exporting Category Header & Footers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting Category Header & Footers

Color me stupid, but I thought you could at least export the Category Headers & Footers from an MM4 store. I know you can't import them without a third party module, but other than dinking around in the dbf's there is no other way to get this data?
    Leslie
    www.lesliekirk.com | Twitter | Facebook
    Past Web Production Manager for eMediaSales
    Previously of www.websyourway.com
    Forum Moderator lesliekirk
    Miva Merchant and more ... since 1997

Re: Exporting Category Header & Footers

Dear Leslie,

I think I wrote a stand alone script to do this a long time ago. I can look for it if you want.
    Thank You,

Nerd Boy

http://www.nerdboyinc.com

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

Hey Jeff -

I'm in dire need of such a script! Am upgrading a store from 4.2x and need a few hundred category headers/footers ported over. I'm not wanting to spend the weekend copying/pasting!

I hope you're well.

cheers
      Michael

Originally posted by Nerd Boy Inc View Post
      Dear Leslie,

I think I wrote a stand alone script to do this a long time ago. I can look for it if you want.

Comment

Leslie, swiftmv

StoreMan can transfer mm4 header/footers to mm5 header/footers...
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce - thanks for your reply and information.

Would just the Miva 4.x version of StoreMan do the trick of exporting the OUI Headers/Footers?
          http://www.mivacentral.com/Merchant2..._code=PM-SMSTD

thanks
          Michael

Comment

Well, StoreMan4 can do the export...but you'll need StoreMan5 to do the import into a five store.
            Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Can the StoreMan5 standard version be installed on the Miva 4.2x store? I don't see that on the feature list. Or, do I have to buy BOTH StoreMan4 AND StoreMan5?

thanks
              Michael

Comment

Sorry, thought you had StoreMan4 (Yes you would need both.) We usually provide a "temporary" licences to StoreMan4 for those who are simply upgrading. Contact me offline and we can get you setup.
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

To resurrect an old thread, is there a way to export the category headers and footers from a mm4 store without the use of a module? I'm also assuming, actually, that the new version of MM5 PR8, does have the capability of importing the flat file if I can get it out of mm4. Soooo close . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X