Quickbooks Merchant Account and Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quickbooks Merchant Account and Gateway

Does anyone know if the Quickbooks Merchant Account Gateway works with Miva 5 and if so what do I need to do or which module do I need to purchase to make it work? Thanks

nburkha1

Re: Quickbooks Merchant Account and Gateway

Please post what you find out - I have the same issue. I'm being told that Quickbooks uses the Innovative Gateway. You might want to call and ask them that.
    Leslie
    www.lesliekirk.com | Twitter | Facebook
    Past Web Production Manager for eMediaSales
    Previously of www.websyourway.com
    Forum Moderator lesliekirk
    Miva Merchant and more ... since 1997

Comment

Yes, QuickBooks uses Innovative Gateway.
      Do-it-Yourself SEO
      http://www.seolabs.info

Comment

Yes, I realize they are using the Innovative Gateway, I just am not sure if anyone has been able to make it work with Miva 5. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nina

Comment

There is a module included. Are you saying the built-in module for Innovative Gateway does not work?
          Leslie
          www.lesliekirk.com | Twitter | Facebook
          Past Web Production Manager for eMediaSales
          Previously of www.websyourway.com
          Forum Moderator lesliekirk
          Miva Merchant and more ... since 1997

Comment

I did not realize that there was a module included that supported Innovative Gateway. When I spoke with QB people thay told me that Miva was not one of their suported carts. I just checked the list of included Gateways in Miva 5 and it looks like it is one of the included modules. I will have to test it to see if it works.

Comment

Were you able to get Miva configured with Innovative Gateway Solutions payment module to work with the QuickBooks Merchant Services account? What info did you plug into the username and password fields of the config?

Comment

Ok, I think I have this straight, after many go-rounds with QuickBooks and Innovative help lines I got a level 2 person who figured it out.

The QuickBooks Merchant account with shopping cart/web enablement cannot work with anything but a QuickBooks-enabled shopping cart by default. To make it work with an Innovative Gateway Solutions gateway-enabled shopping cart (such as Miva), you need an additional gateway account linked to your QuickBooks Merchant account. It costs an additional $10/month. Or, you can use the base QuickBooks merchant account (and tell them to set it up for Innovative Gateway, not QuickBooks shopping cart) but lose the QuickBooks-integrating things such as Billing Solutions.

Comment

Does anyone have more details about this issue? When you do what shuston recomends, will you loose the invoice data import feature?

Comment

Yes, if you do anything except integrate with a QuickBooks-approved shopping cart, you cannot use the importing feature.

Comment

Thanks Shuston.

Yes, but will the quickbooks merchant service even work with Miva at all?

If yes, it seems like your saying it may but the import features and such will not work?

I would like the import features but I really just want to stop using 2 merchants and just have the QB one on both the site and on my QB.

Mark

Comment

No, the QuickBooks Merchant account does not work with Miva. I ended up opening a separate Innovative Gateway account for my web stuff and use the Quickbooks merchant account for non-web stuff. If you want to use your QuickBooks merchant account for everything, you must use one of the shopping carts that Intuit recommends.

-Steve

Comment

why not just use Synchro?
                          Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                          Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
                            why not just use Synchro?
                            I have synchro but have not used it yet. I am having problems with getting it working. Plus my main goal was to get rid of my second merchant account and keep everything simple for the books.

Does anyone on here ofer a service to help me with Synchro? Anyone you can recomend?

Thanks
                            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by TGNman View Post
                              I have synchro but have not used it yet. I am having problems with getting it working. Plus my main goal was to get rid of my second merchant account and keep everything simple for the books.

Does anyone on here ofer a service to help me with Synchro? Anyone you can recomend?

Thanks
                              Mark
                              I am on the verge of giving Synchro a try. From what I have read, they set it up for you so that it has a seemless fit with QB. All included in the purchase price. Did you contact them for help?
                              Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                              Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Working...
                              X