Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

    Anyone else experiencing the "Unable to authorize payment: Network error." error. I've checked the web interface at the gateway and I can process from there. The only changes were and Empressa upgrade (5.12) but there seems to be at least one order processed post upgrade.

  • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

    Check with your host, that's usually a SSL error during back-end communications. Very likely related to the VM upgrade.
    James Harrell
    current: Friend of Miva
    2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
    2005-2007 Miva Merchant
    2001-2005 Copernicus

    Comment


    • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

      Or credentials have changed between you and the gateway.
      James Harrell
      current: Friend of Miva
      2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
      2005-2007 Miva Merchant
      2001-2005 Copernicus

      Comment


      • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

        Originally posted by eMediaSales View Post
        Check with your host, that's usually a SSL error during back-end communications. Very likely related to the VM upgrade.
        I have never seen that error produced by a host issue; the part after the decline message "Network Error" is being returned from the gateway, an SSL error produces a different message about not being able to open the relevant file, can't verify certificate, connection refused, can't establish connection, etc.

        "Network Error" normally comes up when the gateway is having a problem, I think authorize.net and payflow pro typically show that one.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

        Comment


        • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

          Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
          I have never seen that error produced by a host issue; the part after the decline message "Network Error" is being returned from the gateway, an SSL error produces a different message about not being able to open the relevant file, can't verify certificate, connection refused, can't establish connection, etc.

          "Network Error" normally comes up when the gateway is having a problem, I think authorize.net and payflow pro typically show that one.
          We are Payflowpro. What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

          Also, why after all this time is there no notification or logging in Miva? I cold be failing 1:5 and never know it. Even today, I found out from a customer.


          Originally posted by eMediaSales View Post
          Or credentials have changed between you and the gateway.
          Not that I am aware of.
          Last edited by pldoolittle; 01-26-11, 12:10 PM.

          Comment


          • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

            Originally posted by pldoolittle View Post
            We are Payflowpro. What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

            Also, why after all this time is there no notification or logging in Miva? I cold be failing 1:5 and never know it. Even today, I found out from a customer.
            Make sure you do not have any IP address restrictions set in the payflow manager; if you do, try removing them and seeing if the error goes away, it could be that something on the server changed outgoing IP's and what was allowed is now denied.

            Barring that, if you're using the same username and password to log into payflow manager that you have configured in your store (put them in again just in case), and the error still occurs, that typically means something has changed on the gateway or processor side. Why the virtual terminal would still work I don't know, but the only way to troubleshoot past that would be to call paypal and have them see if they see the transactions coming in and why they're sending back 'network error'.
            David Hubbard
            CIO
            Miva
            [email protected]
            http://www.miva.com

            Comment


            • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

              Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
              Make sure you do not have any IP address restrictions set in the payflow manager
              Checked. None configured.

              Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
              if you're using the same username and password to log into payflow manager that you have configured in your store (put them in again just in case)
              Done, tested. No Joy.

              Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
              the error still occurs, that typically means something has changed on the gateway or processor side. Why the virtual terminal would still work I don't know, but the only way to troubleshoot past that would be to call paypal and have them see if they see the transactions coming in and why they're sending back 'network error'.
              And I am not looking forward to calling PayPal. It will take me 20 minutes just to get them to understand that I'm not calling about PayPal...


              And once again for Rick/Miva: >>LOGGING and NOTIFICATION<< You cannot troubleshoot problems you do not know exist. And undiscovered problems in your revenue stream can cost a business LOTS of money...
              Last edited by pldoolittle; 01-26-11, 01:26 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                I tried to enable Simple Validation to salvage some sales and deactivated payflowPro. Now I am getting this error;

                Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

                Error Code: MER-00005
                Description: Invalid Payment Module

                Thoughts?

                Comment


                • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                  Where does "Invalid Payment Module" error/message appear?

                  --
                  Thank you,
                  Gary Hodder
                  Support
                  --
                  CybrHost Corp. - http://www.cybrhost.com/ - [email protected]
                  +1-866-300-MIVA - Professional Miva & E-Commerce web hosting services.
                  Premiere Hosting Partner Since 1999

                  Comment


                  • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                    Originally posted by pldoolittle View Post
                    I tried to enable Simple Validation to salvage some sales and deactivated payflowPro. Now I am getting this error;

                    Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

                    Error Code: MER-00005
                    Description: Invalid Payment Module

                    Thoughts?
                    Start checkout all over again; if you never left the checkout page you were on the html code of the page will still be set to the paymentnet module. Or if you have one page checkout, you're probably going to have to change hard coded payment module values in the code. Or if you have a sort payment methods module, it may need to acquire the new methods.
                    David Hubbard
                    CIO
                    Miva
                    [email protected]
                    http://www.miva.com

                    Comment


                    • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                      Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
                      Start checkout all over again; if you never left the checkout page you were on the html code of the page will still be set to the paymentnet module.
                      Thx, that was the cause of the fatal. I hit "back" to the payment type screen. I exited the browser and simple validation is now working.

                      @Gary - The fatal was a whole screen fatal.

                      Calling PayPal now. Gateway works from web terminal, but not MM. In case anyone else is having this issue, the last successful transaction was 09:28AM.
                      Last edited by pldoolittle; 01-26-11, 02:10 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                        Update: PayFlowPro support shows no transactions hitting the gateway since 09:03AM (a successful sale) and pointed back to the cart/host. Have opened a ticket with the host.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                          Originally posted by pldoolittle View Post
                          Update: PayFlowPro support shows no transactions hitting the gateway since 09:03AM (a successful sale) and pointed back to the cart/host. Have opened a ticket with the host.
                          Out of curiosity what is in the module's Host field? Go into Payment Settings -> Payflow Pro
                          Jim McCormick
                          Miva Merchant Support
                          866-284-9812

                          http://www.mivamerchant.com
                          Miva Merchant Customer Support

                          Comment


                          • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                            Can you upload diag? I would like to see the license manager call test.

                            https://support.mivamerchant.com/sup...itemid=1&nav=0
                            Jim McCormick
                            Miva Merchant Support
                            866-284-9812

                            http://www.mivamerchant.com
                            Miva Merchant Customer Support

                            Comment


                            • Re: Unable to authorize payment: Network error.

                              The old Host setting of payflow.verisign.com will return the Network Error but the correct Host should be: payflowpro.verisign.com


                              --
                              Thank you,
                              Gary Hodder
                              Support
                              --
                              CybrHost Corp. - http://www.cybrhost.com/ - [email protected]
                              +1-866-300-MIVA - Professional Miva & E-Commerce web hosting services.
                              Premiere Hosting Partner Since 1999

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

                              This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

                              Accept