Product Based Free Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Based Free Shipping

Didn't think this would be hard to find, but several developers have told me their modules won't do what we need so I'm asking here.

We've got about 150 product codes.

Of these we want 100 of them to qualify for free USPS Priority shipping on orders of $75 or more to anywhere in the US, including PR.

Our Miva 4 store was using Sebenza's Product Based Free Shipping but they don't make that module for Miva 5.

I've talked to Weiland and Advanz Design - both of who say their modules won't work.

If it matters, these 100 product codes use delimiters and all have the same first 2 letters before the dash. For example: rg-m-ss-navy and rg-w-ss-navy is a mens shirt and a womens shirt.

Anybody got a module that will do this? It doesn't really seem like that unusual of a request - lots of stores offer this when I shop online and our Yahoo store has this function built in...

Buy-Rash-Guards
    Buy-Hawaiian-Seat-Covers
    Buy-Board-Shorts

Re: Product Based Free Shipping

You should be able to use the Toolbelt module to do this. There is a "tokenize" family of functions. What you would need to do is parse the product codes using the "-" as the delimiter, and examine the first token. If it is 'rg' then you would explicitly set the free shipping option's prices to 0, otherwise let them populate accordingly.
    Last edited by titus; 05-09-11, 08:19 AM.
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built the most Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com

"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
    Quarry Worker's Creed

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

First off, this sounds over my head. I'm just a store owner and one of the 10 hats I wear is running the cart. Modules I can do, anything above that I cannot... unfortunately.

Second of all, even if I could figure this out, isn't setting the options price to 0 going to give free shipping period, and not for order of $75 or more?

Is this offer that tons of other online stores run really going to be this hard to do?? :-(

The $25 Miva 4 module we had did this in a snap...
      Buy-Rash-Guards
      Buy-Hawaiian-Seat-Covers
      Buy-Board-Shorts

Comment

Originally posted by lvalesko View Post
        Thanks for the reply!

First off, this sounds over my head. I'm just a store owner and one of the 10 hats I wear is running the cart. Modules I can do, anything above that I cannot... unfortunately.

Second of all, even if I could figure this out, isn't setting the options price to 0 going to give free shipping period, and not for order of $75 or more?

Is this offer that tons of other online stores run really going to be this hard to do?? :-(

The $25 Miva 4 module we had did this in a snap...
        You are absolutely right in that the shipping would be $0 period. I must have completely missed the part about $75 or more when I was reading your original question. I apologize for that.

I know that it can be done via the Toolbelt though. You might want to also check out the Emporium Plus modules, as there are a lot relating to shipping over there too.
        PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
        We built the most Miva Merchant stores!
        Miva shopping cart design & integration service and our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
        web: www.pcinet.com

"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
        Quarry Worker's Creed

Comment

I sent you a cell phone message and said I would elaborate on the issue when I returned to the office. Check your email.
          Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
          Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
          Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
          Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
          Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Originally posted by lvalesko View Post
            Didn't think this would be hard to find, but several developers have told me their modules won't do what we need so I'm asking here.

We've got about 150 product codes.

Of these we want 100 of them to qualify for free USPS Priority shipping on orders of $75 or more to anywhere in the US, including PR.

Our Miva 4 store was using Sebenza's Product Based Free Shipping but they don't make that module for Miva 5.

I've talked to Weiland and Advanz Design - both of who say their modules won't work.

If it matters, these 100 product codes use delimiters and all have the same first 2 letters before the dash. For example: rg-m-ss-navy and rg-w-ss-navy is a mens shirt and a womens shirt.

Anybody got a module that will do this? It doesn't really seem like that unusual of a request - lots of stores offer this when I shop online and our Yahoo store has this function built in...

If I am reading this correctly & all you want to do is flag free shipping at a certain $$ level. If fact, (this mod we use also) will do what you want with grace and ease.

http://www.emporiumplus.com/1AA00008.html
            Last edited by Datagg; 05-10-11, 11:02 AM.
            Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
            Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Working...
            X