X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PayPal having issues intermittently at checkout

Originally posted by rbuelna View Post
    Hello onionringholder,
    From what I have seen this has never been a OS or browser related issue. If the issue you are having is that you just get redirected to the OCST (customer information page) when you select PayPal from the OPAY page, then you more than likely are suppressing the PayPal error messages. Make sure that the PaypalErrorMsg item is assigned to the OCST page. If you are not comfortable editing these pages or need help, just email [email protected] and make sure to include a link to this forum thread when doing so.

Regards
    This might be a good time for a bit of self serving promotion...One of the reasons behind the concept of our Easy Contact module is targeting these types of problems. Easy Contact could have helped identify the trend behind these failures by capturing extra-data about the customer such as browser version and OS. (As well as making it very easy for the customer to contact you from the specific problem page in question.)
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Actually, it isn't fixed for us. Here is what a customer told us this weekend:

I just tried to place an order with you on your website. When I ATTEMPTED to check-out, I went clicked on pay with PayPal. Everything was fine until I got to the page just before the Confirm page where it had a note that You will confirm on the Widget website. When I clicked continue, it sent me back to the address page with NO CONFIRMATION. I hit the back button and tried again and the same thing happened. I want to make sure that I was not charged TWICE. If I wasn't charged and my order did not go through, that's fine. I don't have any desire to order from a glitchy website anyway. If you can sell me the same 1 5/8 inch 240 Grit Diamond Disk with Mandrel, 1/8 inch shank # SGS6-40240 via eBay for the same price and shipping, I would be glad to purchase from you there. I am done with your website. If I was charged with two orders at $6.48 each, please refund me one of the orders.
      My username on ebay is #####. I would be glad to deal with you there.
      Done with the Widget website.
      Thank you,
      John

Comment

It was fixed for us on Friday. I emailed support directly & they changed a couple of settings. I'm not exactly sure what was changed. The person helping me was Guillermo Mariscal, and he was awesome & super helpful.

Comment

I think I may have finally found the problem. I "upgraded" to Paypal Pro last year. I am using using Paypal pro for credit cards, however I did not realize that I should probably be using Paypal Advanced for receiving Paypal payments. At least my programmer thinks that I should be using the Paypal Advanced module.
          Thank you,
          John

Comment

Just got off of the phone with Paypal and they said that in this case, there was a problem with the customers accounts. Like a fraud warning or something. Now, why would they tell the customer everything is ok and send them back to our site so we look bad?
            Thank you,
            John

Comment

Ours is working now, it just does it when the customer's address or zip code is wrong. I contacted Miva support directly. Talking to paypal is a waste of time. They just tell me to clear my cache.

Comment

We started using "PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro" with the API credentials and "PayPal Express Checkout" about 5 weeks ago and it's been working stellar. I'm very pleased with how Express Checkout has worked. We see about 6 orders a day that use it.

We also use PayPal Advanced, but for the Payflow Gateway.

Comment

We are also using "PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro" with the API credentials and "PayPal Express Checkout" but use pro for our credit card processing.
                  Thank you,
                  John

Comment

Then that's really strange - we've had zero issues since we started. Only time we've heard from a customer was a true "customer error" issue - they couldn't remember their PayPal login credentials.

BTW - I resisted taking PayPal forever because their service is !@#$. Still not convinced we're doing anything but offering another payment method - we did just fine just taking CC's for over 10 years.
                    Last edited by nottheusual1; 07-02-13, 10:04 AM.

Comment

After more discussion, I guess our problem is with the yellow paypal button on the customer information screen. We require a phone number and Paypal.com doesn't provide one. The customer is returned to the customer information screen from Paypal and must fill in the phone number. Then they must follow the complete checkout process from there.

So, the choice is to remove the yellow button or not require a phone number. My wife wants the phone number, so I guess we will be removing the "quick" button.
                      Thank you,
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by widgetsupply View Post
                        After more discussion, I guess our problem is with the yellow paypal button on the customer information screen. We require a phone number and Paypal.com doesn't provide one. The customer is returned to the customer information screen from Paypal and must fill in the phone number. Then they must follow the complete checkout process from there.

So, the choice is to remove the yellow button or not require a phone number. My wife wants the phone number, so I guess we will be removing the "quick" button.
                        What do you uncheck to remove the "quick button. I tried unchecking PayPalEXButton and it removed the button but then the checkout didn't work right. What else should be unchecked? PayalErrrorMsg, PaypalDisblAdr?

Anyone have any luck in removing the quick button from the OSCT page?

Thanks,
                        Donna
                        Donna Bunnell
                        Treasures of the Southwest
                        www.treasuresofthesouthwest.com

Comment

You have to delete if from the template.
                          Thank you,
                          John

Comment

Hi John,

I would have never thought of that!

Thank you for your help,
                            Donna
                            Donna Bunnell
                            Treasures of the Southwest
                            www.treasuresofthesouthwest.com

Comment