Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Rick,

I do not see any template change info in the release notes. Can you please review and advise?
    Regards,

216digital, Inc.
    (216)-505-4400
    (877)-907-3277

Comment

Greg,

Just to make sure I'm chasing down the right thing, is this specific to the Printable Invoice Template Based Batch Report?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick,

That is correct. Thank you for your help.
        Regards,

216digital, Inc.
        (216)-505-4400
        (877)-907-3277

Comment

Greg,

Make sure this is in your CSS:

Code:
          .order
          {
          float:left;
          text-align:left;
          width:690px;
          padding:20px;
          page-break-after:always;
          }
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

To close out the fatal error issue mentioned above on Sept 9...it was caused by a bug in the Merchant Optimizer module. The developer is working on a fix.
            Last edited by JoeG; 09-29-11, 10:36 AM.
            Joe Gargiulo
            Pinewood Pro

Comment

PR7 or PR8 flat file upload .... two issues

Two issues that we have experienced:

1) I think the first occurred prior to PR8 and may have been fixed. When we uploaded a large quantity of new items (1000+), some but not all (random) ended up in all our store categories instead of the specific category in the flat file. This took weeks to correct manually.

2) Occured after PR8: When we uploaded a large number of new items (about 700), some of the items never were enterred into our Miva store database. We only discovered the problem after reviewing crawl errors noted by Google. We feed Google a sitemap which includes all active items in our store. Weeks after our Oct 1, 2011 upload, we discovered that Google was reporting some 60 items that were in our sitemap but were not able to be crawled. A small portion of these 60 items were caused by server availability at the time of the crawl. However, we were able to verify that about 50 items were missing from our Miva Store. We when back to the flat file used to upload and the items were in the flat file. NOTE: BOTH THE MIVA FLAT FILE AND THE GOOGLE SITEMAP UPLOADS COME FROM THE SAME MASTER EXCEL SPREADSHEET.

Needless to say, we have loss confidence in the Miva Flat file import feature and therefore spend extra time verifying that our monthly uploads are error free. Since issue two above, we have doubled our verification efforts because we don't want Google to find our error for us.

Comment

Re: PR7 or PR8 flat file upload .... two issues

Originally posted by Donson View Post
                Two issues that we have experienced:

1) I think the first occurred prior to PR8 and may have been fixed. When we uploaded a large quantity of new items (1000+), some but not all (random) ended up in all our store categories instead of the specific category in the flat file. This took weeks to correct manually.

2) Occured after PR8: When we uploaded a large number of new items (about 700), some of the items never were enterred into our Miva store database. We only discovered the problem after reviewing crawl errors noted by Google. We feed Google a sitemap which includes all active items in our store. Weeks after our Oct 1, 2011 upload, we discovered that Google was reporting some 60 items that were in our sitemap but were not able to be crawled. A small portion of these 60 items were caused by server availability at the time of the crawl. However, we were able to verify that about 50 items were missing from our Miva Store. We when back to the flat file used to upload and the items were in the flat file. NOTE: BOTH THE MIVA FLAT FILE AND THE GOOGLE SITEMAP UPLOADS COME FROM THE SAME MASTER EXCEL SPREADSHEET.

Needless to say, we have loss confidence in the Miva Flat file import feature and therefore spend extra time verifying that our monthly uploads are error free. Since issue two above, we have doubled our verification efforts because we don't want Google to find our error for us.
                Hi Donson

Which import module are you using for the upload? And can you e-mail me a copy of the flat file you’re using so I can try to reproduce this issue and see what’s going on?

Thanks

-Eric
                Last edited by Eric Foresman; 10-14-11, 10:49 AM.
                Eric Foresman
                Software Tester
                Miva Merchant
                http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                [email protected]

Comment

Re: PR7 or PR8 flat file upload .... two issues

When the first import error occurred using PR7 (April 2011) where some items randomly were placed in all of our categories, I did contact Miva Support, Jonathan Standifird. I have sent you the email response I received from Jonathan.

It took us two weeks to discover the second import error that occurred on Oct 1. We found it when Google reported many items in our sitemap could not be crawled. Unfortunately, we overwrite these import files each time we make an upload. I checked and all imported flat files on Oct 1 have been overwritten.

I will keep your email on file and try to remember to email you any future flat files for which we discover import errors.

Thanks for responding.

Comment

We've had two customers call us in the last couple of days saying they couldn't continue through the checkout process, saying the "Continue" button wasn't showing up. Not sure if this is coincidence with PR8 Update 4, but these two reports have only come in since updating.

Anyone else run into anything similar?
                    Dylan Buchfink
                    The Mattress & Sleep Company
                    http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

We don't seem to have the problem. We are still getting orders. I also processed a test order and had no problem with the continue buttom.

I think Miva uses Java script for the functioning of back and continue buttoms. If a customer has Java "turned off" on their computer it will cause the problem you described.

Comment

Also nothing in Update 4 impacted checkout, so it's essentially impossible that it's related to that.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

I ran the PR8 update 4 last night and now receive this error message in Shipping Settings > Shipping Rules > Shipping Method Rules:

Miva Merchant returned an invalid response.
                          Function: ShippingMethodRulesList_Load_Query
                          Response: Runtime error in mm5/5.00/modules/shipping/BROK_UPS_CUSTOM.mvc @ [00000015:00005bda]: C:dev_mivacompile2BROK_UPS_CUSTOM.mv: Line 2906: (in expression): Array index must be positive integer

Another error is my UPS shipping will not sort properly. It is showing "Next Day Air" as the default option (he first error may have something to do with this error)....

I am not sure if the errors occurred before or after I activated the "UPS Ready Tools" module. I quickly deactivated the Miva UPS module but the error still exists. My guess is the module is somehow colliding with my Viking Coders "UPS Custom Integration" module. I was tempted to de-activate the Viking Coders module to see what happens but there are a couple of features I did not see in the new Miva UPS module, 1. Control shipping by category and 2. Drop ship product from a different zip code. These two features are very important to us.

Any ideas on the errors and are the 2 features available?

Thanks in advance!
                          David Limon
                          E-Commerce Signal

[email protected]
                          http://www.ecommercesignal.com
                          http://www.davidlimon.com

Comment

Is your UPS Viking Coders module up to date? The two modules should not conflict with each other at all.

The sorting is going to be based on your sorting rules.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

I think I may have found the problem - When I export my orders to a flat file, Viking Coders names the different shipping options like so: "BROK_UPS_CUSTOM:01, BROK_UPS_CUSTOM:02, etc." - It looks to me like the new UPS module is looking for a number only with no text (ex: 01, 02, etc.) from the Viking Coders module. I'm not sure if the Viking Coders is storing the information in the database the same way, but if so, I suspect that is the problem. Most importantly, my Viking Coders module is waaaay out of date (I should have checked that first). I am pretty sure an update will most likely fix the issue. I will post my results once I finalize the update of the Viking Coders module just in case anyone else has the same issue. Thanks Rick!
                              David Limon
                              E-Commerce Signal

[email protected]
                              http://www.ecommercesignal.com
                              http://www.davidlimon.com

Comment

I am trying to run Update 4 and am getting the following error when I click on the "eligible for updates" icon:

Fatal Error

Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-UPG-UTL-00003
                                Description: Unable to download list of available patches
                                Last edited by skepticwebguy; 12-07-11, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X